Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smokeless is coming to New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Thanks Bob it seems pretty interesting, I will look more on that later, it's interesting reading! I know that Broadleaf is involved in Dark Virginia types but have never seen that they are classified as "Dark-fire" every one I have seen have been Dark-air".

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
This article is about hybridizing dark air varieties, but contains interesting background information. It does comment on the productivity of Dark Fire 485.I had never recognized that the huge leaves of dark-air and dark-fire were derived from broadleaf variants. But it makes sense.Bob
There is alot of information in that link Bob! Short but interesting. People how read it perhaps shall know that Greenwood also had the name "Little wood" before 1972, that is perhaps the reason that Grin have the name: GREEN WOOD (LITTLE WOOD) on their Greenwood. But when they 1972 was released the new Little wood the original plant only had the name Greenwood.Also interesting to think about the thing that they have old variants like KY#151 and Little Crittenden!Little Crittenden was created back in 1930's.

Status
Not open for further replies.