Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Grow Log Vanerpaddel 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member

Nice little greenhouse . I have thought about buying a small one like that to be able to heat it easier when I am making my starts in early spring .

Advice to maybe help you with it . Make sure to keep a eye on the inside temperatures when the sun pops out . The sun will heat them up quickly and over heat if you are not careful . It is better to be too cold than too hot . Too cold plants will survive but too hot and they are toast .

You also may need a fan for air movement . This would help the plants get air movement and help cool your greenhouse . We have two , one I use for my plant production , 100 x 30 and my son has a 130 x 36 ft high tunnel . both has full length side curtains we raise and lower to let air through .

Vanerpaddel

Nice little greenhouse . I have thought about buying a small one like that to be able to heat it easier when I am making my starts in early spring .

Advice to maybe help you with it . Make sure to keep a eye on the inside temperatures when the sun pops out . The sun will heat them up quickly and over heat if you are not careful . It is better to be too cold than too hot . Too cold plants will survive but too hot and they are toast .

You also may need a fan for air movement . This would help the plants get air movement and help cool your greenhouse . We have two , one I use for my plant production , 100 x 30 and my son has a 130 x 36 ft high tunnel . both has full length side curtains we raise and lower to let air through .

Thanks, I´ve already noticed the heat inside as soon the sun are there, I´m gonna open up a little (there are 8 "windows"). The size on this one are 2m high, 3m wide and 6m long.

Vanerpaddel

Will you be growing mostly in the greenhouse all season.?
I´m growing the plants (approx 200) in these buckets, so I can move them around, but the plan is to have most of them outside the greenhouse when they are bigger and the temp are warmer.

Levi Gross

Very well!! I did the same bucket farming my first year with TA 101 Burley 30 something plants. With 200 you have your work cut out for you. By the end of the season my plants were root bound in 5 gal. buckets. After constant watering and moving to protect them from Mother Nature, I vowed never again. I’m not trying to discourage you but buckets are a lot of work. Very best wishes on your growing season.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm impressed. A 5 gallon (20 liter) bucket with moist soil weighs close to 40 pounds (~18 kg), not counting a mature plant that may weigh up to maybe 8 pounds (~3.6 kg). So they will be in the range of 33 to 45 pounds each (~15 to 20 kg). Two hundred of them would require moving 6,600 to 9,000 pounds (3,000 to 4,000 kg) each time they need relocation. It should be good for the soul.

Bob

Vanerpaddel

I'm impressed. A 5 gallon (20 liter) bucket with moist soil weighs close to 40 pounds (~18 kg), not counting a mature plant that may weigh up to maybe 8 pounds (~3.6 kg). So they will be in the range of 33 to 45 pounds each (~15 to 20 kg). Two hundred of them would require moving 6,600 to 9,000 pounds (3,000 to 4,000 kg) each time they need relocation. It should be good for the soul.

Bob

My buckets are smaller (12 liter) and I don´t move them that much. But they are heavy in the end of the season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.