Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Grow Log Vanerpaddel 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanerpaddel

This year I´m trying 10 cigar tobacco´s, approx 200 plants.
Little Dutch, Connecticut Broadleaf, Wisconsin 901, Pennsylvania Red, Habano 2000, Criollo 98, Havana 142, Havana 211, Black Mammoth and Florida Sumatra.

wqK0hMz.jpg

K81Dkmc.jpg

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Thanks Hasse, as you notice I´m only gonna try various kinds of cigar tobacco plants and the different plants will also this year be put in buckets.
Yes I see it. Looks like an interesting mix. During all the years I cultivated, I have been unaware of how closely related Havana # 211 and Havana # 142 are. Very recently I read about Wisconsin # 38 and saw that it also had the name Connecticut # 38 and Havana # 38. Havana # 38 is apparently the tobacco that laid the foundation for the non-Cuban Havana varieties (mainly Wisconsin Havana) and both Havana # 211 & Havana # 142 have it as one parent.-lol growing tobacco is more than just ONE hobby for me it's very interesting to grow but also very interesting to read about different variants..

Vanerpaddel

Yes I see it. Looks like an interesting mix. During all the years I cultivated, I have been unaware of how closely related Havana # 211 and Havana # 142 are. Very recently I read about Wisconsin # 38 and saw that it also had the name Connecticut # 38 and Havana # 38. Havana # 38 is apparently the tobacco that laid the foundation for the non-Cuban Havana varieties (mainly Wisconsin Havana) and both Havana # 211 & Havana # 142 have it as one parent.-lol growing tobacco is more than just ONE hobby for me it's very interesting to grow but also very interesting to read about different variants..

I was sure this year... five kind of seeds, no more. :) Then it become interesting with that one, and that one, esc, esc.
I understand there are a jungle with tobacco seeds, but I can only focus in what sorts I have in my buckets. :)

This year I´m planning to buy two "växthus i plast m stålram" 2X2X4,5 m. Should be great with the buckets. I learned a lot last year so this season are going to be much better (I hope).

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I know that feeling. That is perhaps the reason that I have growing many variants but never for example Havana 142. But I really believe that I will grow it next season I think I say it about every variant but I really think it will grow in by garden next year..

Charly

I was sure this year... five kind of seeds, no more. :) Then it become interesting with that one, and that one, esc, esc. [...]
We all have the same problem !
This will be only my third year growing tobacco, the first one I grew just 4 strains (given by a friend) so I had no choice, but after this year I kept on adding more and more strains that I want to try !
It's hard to keep it to only a few strains... but that's part of the game :)
And that's really fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.