Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Making rollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
When I roll my cigars , I roll by hand but I have customers who ask me for cigar rollers .
I have been busy last week making cigar rollers .
I have worked hard and put a lot of time into making a flat style table top roller . It took me a long time to make this one .

It is 23 3/4 inches long and the width is 14"( not counting the mat adjusting rod 17" )
It weighs 23 pounds . The roller need a mat of some kind under it so the roller will not slide while pushing to roll

These roller keep the roll straight across and you can use one hand while using the other to flatten out the binder leaf .

Here is a picture of my flat roller and the bottom is my Lieberman style . The Cigar I rolled by hand and was not by my machine .
mfIOUOn.jpg

G1aog45.jpg

I don't like the color of paint I used on this one as it is light silver . A darker grey looks better .
dENKFrD.jpg

3L7S4Bp.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
They're both beautiful. The Lieberman design seems that it would require less applied force (in exchange for greater distance for the hand to move the arm) than the flat style, but at the expense of having to cut a large, square opening into the top of a table.

Bob

DIY Pete

I love your rollers Big B. They just look like they would last 100 years. I may eventuality have to part with the coin to get one.
Pete

BigBonner

Founding Member
Thanks for the compliments .

The Lieberman frame Is 15 1/2" wide and 14 7/8" long . It is a shorter reach with your arms , That hole in the table is what some rollers want to get away from.

The flat roller plate that the leaf lays on is 12 3/4" long
The Mat is 11 1/2 inches wide
The rails are steel on steel and have to be lubricated with a drop of oil if the rolling action tries to hang up . I Used Slip Plate and it made a big difference in the sliding action .
I tried Linear bearings and that put the roller prices up higher and they just did not look good to me .

The Lieberman rolling plate is 7 1/4" over the bend
and is 12" across

I could probably shorten the flat roller a couple of inches to 10" ,but those inches would have to come off of the rolling plate .

With a long and wide rolling plate , this might make a good Bulls Eye pipe roller .

There Is one thing I would like to do to my flat roller to keep it stuck in place on a slick table . That it needs some kind of rubber attach

Status
Not open for further replies.