Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Barrel of Perique comes in tomorrow. Interesting dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Gross

Here it is MarcL. My first hand rolled cigar ever. Virginia Bright Leaf, Turkish Izmar, Maryland 609 binder, Perique wrapper, Glued up with honey. It's probably gonna lay me out.IMG_0476.jpg

MarcL

This stuff is amazing! Very much intact leaves.
mLiGlWO.jpg

I meant to take a pic of this after I slapped a cap on it but, .. glad I waited to burn it though.  still got some lip of perique with the criollo cap .. muted a bit. It really didn't over power the blend which was some cibao left overs and wlt's first mata fina filler.

Levi Gross

Great minds think alike, I was just playing with my Perique to shred. If you guys have not got some from Don @ Whole Leaf Tobacco you better order some!! It is great!IMG_0487.jpg

Levi Gross

​ Awesome Looking Cigar!!!
I meant to take a pic of this after I slapped a cap on it but, .. glad I waited to burn it though.  still got some lip of perique with the criollo cap .. muted a bit. It really didn't over power the blend which was some cibao left overs and wlt's first mata fina filler.

burge

I am Glad to see a official perique being sold. I got in trouble once because someone had asked where to get it now we know where and at a fair price.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Interesting that although everyone likes to comment on how Perique is fermented in oak barrels it really is fermented in a plastic bag.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. Don's photos show the same thing. An oak barrel is a container of convenience--large capacity; withstands pressure. Aside from the plastic separating the leaf from the tannin of the oak, it also lays to rest the notion of a "breathable" container.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.