Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sago

Hey all, I'm Mike. I'm here to learn how to grow tobacco for fun along with my tomato plants. Been lurking around here for some time, thought I'd join seems like a nice community here;)

ChinaVoodoo

Pleased to meet you Sago. Thanks for joining. What sort of uses do you plan for your tobacco? Pipe, cigar, cigarette, smokeless? Where abouts in Ontario?

Sago

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario. I'm a cigarette smoker mainly. Have a small backyard so I'm limiting to put 2 plants in the garden and up to 3 in pales separately. Seen the root size in google so they should be good in pales. I just don't know where to start, I mean there's seed strains to pick, curing process, fermentation, etc.

I can't find the strain of Lucky Strikes or Hollywoods in Cuba, those are the best I ever had in my life! I've had American cigarettes, hard to explain but kind of tastes meaty. In a good way, I liked them. Honestly any good strain to grow what you would buy in the stores are fine. Except pall malls in the US and cheap reserves in Caledonia.

If it all fails, I could always try to make dip\shisha again. I failed the first 2 times but I've gotten a free tub of harsh tobacco. Maybe I'll experiment with snus. Hopefully it all goes well not to waste tobacco like that again lol.

Sago

I've just noticed the store, where is the tobacco sold from? Any Canadian warehouses? The customs give insane prices. I've dealt with them many times, paying double price for snus.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to read the Growers' FAQ (link at the top of every page). If you enter your general location into your profile, it will appear alongside each of your posts.

I believe the "meat" that you taste in American cigarettes is burley, which can range up to 40% of the blend. Flue-cure varieties (also called "Bright Leaf") are the primary ingredient in Canadian cigarettes. But they will need to be flue-cured, in order to taste like what you expect. It's possible to sun-cure those varieties. Some members suggest that the flue-cure variety named Costello does the best with sun-curing. [http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm ] With such a small grow, I would suggest trying just a single variety.

A number of Canadian members of the forum purchase tobacco from Whole Leaf Tobacco (banner ad at the top of the page), and there are several threads discussing the customs issues.

Bob

Sago

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to read the Growers' FAQ (link at the top of every page). If you enter your general location into your profile, it will appear alongside each of your posts.

I believe the "meat" that you taste in American cigarettes is burley, which can range up to 40% of the blend. Flue-cure varieties (also called "Bright Leaf") are the primary ingredient in Canadian cigarettes. But they will need to be flue-cured, in order to taste like what you expect. It's possible to sun-cure those varieties. Some members suggest that the flue-cure variety named Costello does the best with sun-curing. [http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm ] With such a small grow, I would suggest trying just a single variety.

A number of Canadian members of the forum purchase tobacco from Whole Leaf Tobacco (banner ad at the top of the page), and there are several threads discussing the customs issues.

Bob

Hey deluxestogie, I've been waiting from northwoodseeds order for a while. I've gotten no reply from them, is the website dead?

skychaser

We received your order on Mon, Mar 5, 2018 11:45 am
An invoice was sent to the e-mail address your provided on Mon, Mar 5, 2018 12:06 pm
The invoice was paid on Wed, Mar 7, 2018 6:37 pm
Your order is ready and will go out in today's mail. You should have it within a week

Sky

burge

Welcome and Duty is minimal for whole leaf. like 20 bucks You can also go for a drive and probably be able to pick up some leaf in Ontario. I know of one spot that will ship only in Ontario but it 55 dollars a pound. With WLT and Big Bonner you can get 3lbs for 55 dollars with shipping roughly. Big Bonner has a excellent burley collection. Lucky Strikes was all toasted burley. I am a all Virginia guy and would love some genuine Canadian Leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.