Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Season in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckPaisley

Since I've been lurking around here for a while, and even created an account, I figured why not put it to use. Who know what I might learn.

I'm a long time pipe smoker, and well seasoned gardener, from the Raleigh NC area. Sometime in the fall I decided that this year I wanted to try my hand at tobacco. Nothing huge, just a few plants, just to see if I could do it. I bought some Bright Leaf seeds and started them indoors a few weeks ago along with my tomatoes and peppers. Right now I'm looking at 8 or 10 plants, depending on how many I decide to put in the ground.

The plan is to build something akin to the Cozy Can so that I can flue cure it and then kiln it in the same device. After that, I'd like to press it all into plugs for a pure VA flake. I'm still trying to devise a home-brew press for that portion though.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see how this works out. I hope to stick around if you'll have me.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to begin a grow log in the Grow Blogs section. All of us like to follow along.

Bob

burge

Your in the tobacco belt you might be able to score some leaf there. Carolina soil has unique properties as does our Canadian soil producing a distinct Virginia.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Welcome to this forum ChickPaisley (your nick almost sounds like Country music to me).. Just like Bob say It would become interesting to follow your work in a blog! I hope to see more from you Paisley..

Status
Not open for further replies.