Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My First Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

Well, the time has come and though I've put things off a long while I've finally sat down and give it a try.

I made this thread because its my first and firsts are always special..lol. After this its on to the, "Show your Sticks" thread. I've been pretty busy putting together a small workstation. Slowly it has come together and I enjoy my little personal spot in the house. I sometimes wish for a wall but it has turned out well for my needs.

So, after watching Webmost's video (excellent instructional video) on rolling your first cigar a few times. I sat down and rolled up two and here they are. The fatter one is probably a little over 50ring and the second is smaller near 48ring. A bit rough on the edges but round and firm throughout. I'm letting these two rest for a week or two in the humidor. I did roll up a smaller one to give the leaf a try. The cigar is a mixture of BigB's and Don's leaf. I gotta say it reminded me of how and why I love cigars. Its been a while since I've had one but I see a whole bunch more in my future.
IMG_20180304_184218368.jpgIMG_20180304_184426532.jpgIMG_20180304_184938400.jpgIMG_20180302_204955083.jpg

John41285

Those look great for your 1st cigar. What's the blend if you don't mind me asking

greenmonster714

Those look great for your 1st cigar. What's the blend if you don't mind me asking

Thanks guys for the compliments. I've got a long way to go but as you all know it just takes time.

In these I put some wlt Paraguay flojo African viso, Dom ligero. BigB's commercial Havana, Nostrano Del Brenta binder, and Pennsylvania wrapper. No real thought put into that blend. Just threw together what I had handy. Turned out tasty though.

webmost

It really is pretty easy, isn't it, so long as you take a real easy approach to it.

greenmonster714

It really is pretty easy, isn't it, so long as you take a real easy approach to it.

Yes, I have to say it is easy. Your video helped me a lot. Once I gathered all I needed I just propped you up on the table and followed along. If I ever meet someone interested in rolling I know where to guide them. I'm still missing my third hand but I did pick up a nice marble tile the other day. Makes a very nice platform to work with. Thanks webmost.

GreenDragon

I also used Webmost's videos to roll my first cigars last week. Excellent videos and instructions (and a great personality which makes watching along even more enjoyable!) I propped my laptop on my workbench and "rolled along" with Robert. I also found his Waste Not video very helpful.

I use my chef's knife as my 3rd hand. :D

PS: Robert - we need more videos!!

greenmonster714

I also used Webmost's videos to roll my first cigars last week. Excellent videos and instructions (and a great personality which makes watching along even more enjoyable!) I propped my laptop on my workbench and "rolled along" with Robert. I also found his Waste Not video very helpful.

Yeah, he makes it easy to follow and has one of those narrators voices that is relaxing and pleasant to follow. I'd like to see more video as well. Maybe some cigar recipes or advanced rolling techniques. I need a nice heavy paper weight for my third hand. I'll find something.

webmost

I'll ponder one up.

It takes me forever to make a vid. Bliss pops 'em right out with music & all. I, on the other hand, go back & forth & over & over before the final run. Then, like as not, next day I regret I didn't do it over again.

But the longest step is pondering up the idea in the first place. Anyone has a suggestion, ping me your idea.

Dominican56

good looking cigar! Keep rolling.

For a third hand, I have a small glass canning jar filled with shot. Works well.

Garlisk

Great job! Like you, Robert's vid was very inspiring to me and was probably the vid that really got me going.
Also, third hand suggestion: Fill a pipe tin with pennies!

Status
Not open for further replies.