Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2018... My Most Challenging and Biggest Grow Ever--Levi Gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Gross

Bob said I had a few options. The first was to call them terrorist and I thought it fitting so I just went with it... Having fun. The water boarding was actually just a brief bath in a bowl of water to separate the clumps of plants. I just could not resist embellishing the story some to keep everyone interested. I will however, take yours and Bob's advice and keep them all in until I believe they will clear the frost. CIA would not take me I've got to many felonies. LOL...
I'd heed what Bob is saying about early planting. It may say frost resistance but youngsters can't handle it. I think when they state frost resistant they mean a mature plant that is ripening late in the season. Are you a covert cia operative? Waterboarding, isolation units....lol.

Levi Gross

IMG_0485.jpgHere is a little update on the terrorist. growing well. The Lemon Lemon and the Punche are by far the biggest! All were getting much needed water in the trays on just about the only level surface in the house. The wifes new stove.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I ain't surprised that PUNCHE are going best so far. They are in 99 case of 100 best in the beginning but you will soon see that the other growing better.

Levi Gross

This is the old set up which was not very handy and here’s the new set up which is not totally complete. I have another light to hang and transplanting to do.

BarG

Founding Member
You will do fine. Watch out for them bad boys. [horn worms] After planting. Or any of the myriad of pests heh heh

ChinaVoodoo

:):) Are you blessed to not have them up in your region?? Aphids and Hawk Moths are my main devastators.

My pests are mostly aphids, and slugs on mature plants, and cut worms, and White Tailed Jack Rabbits on seedlings. The damage to seedlings is probably the most serious.

Levi Gross

My pests are mostly aphids, and slugs on mature plants, and cut worms, and White Tailed Jack Rabbits on seedlings. The damage to seedlings is probably the most serious.
Slugs have not been an issue for me- knock on wood... However they did eat an entire hosta plant a couple years ago. I forgot to mention the rabbits, those greedy little share croppers. The garden is getting fence this year! Aphids, if they are totally infested I can usually color cure the leaf and once it has lost some of the stickiness brush them off with a clean dry paint brush. I’m also going to start soaking my wife’s cigarette butts and all of my pipe dottle in water. Spraying with the nicotine soaked water is good pest killer

Levi Gross

IMG_0501.jpgI am trying to find some humor in this but is truly a waste of seedlings. I am going to attempt transplanting and separating some of these. I do have at least six of every type tobacco except the orinoco oily in another flat under my lights. I am never using a 72 cell seed flat again to much headache and not enough room creating even more work for myself than necessary. I will post a picture later of my new and improved seed starting ang growing station which I am quite proud of compared to how I have been doing it these past years... By the seat of my pants.

greenmonster714

They are looking healthy but using those small cells ya always end up transplanting. I always used the 48 cell trays that are 3inches deep. No need for transplanting using those. Last year mine got about six to eight inches tall and had to trim down some so they wouldn't shade others. I used disposable bread tins from the dollar store to start the seed. Only one transplant and I was done. Plus if any didn't take well I had backups. Kinda like what Bob does using the small jars.

mwaller

View attachment 23201I am trying to find some humor in this but is truly a waste of seedlings. I am going to attempt transplanting and separating some of these. I do have at least six of every type tobacco except the orinoco oily in another flat under my lights. I am never using a 72 cell seed flat again to much headache and not enough room creating even more work for myself than necessary. I will post a picture later of my new and improved seed starting ang growing station which I am quite proud of compared to how I have been doing it these past years... By the seat of my pants.

The plants look excellent! Which are the Duzce?

Status
Not open for further replies.