Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wessex Gold Virginia Flake

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek14

I wish this section were more active. I started the last three threads :). I did learn a lot in the previous Bright Leaf thread. I love it when used properly now.

I have some Wessex Gold Virginia Flake I would like to trade for some Yellow Twist Bud (or Bright Leaf, or anything new). It is a mellow Virginia with a light citrus casing.

I liked the tobacco, but I'm finding that there are few, if any, commercial blends I can tolerate. I don't know if it is casing or if it is PG or what. I can case Burley with honey with no issues but most commercial stuff doesn't agree with me if smoked steadily.

greenmonster714

Hi dave, by saying they don't agree with you. Do you mean they make you ill in some way or just don't appeal to your taste buds? I've had some commercial tobaccos that leave a nasty unpleasant after taste. But luckily that doesn't happen very often. PG is pretty much tasteless. I am surprised commercial blenders don't use VG instead of the PG. VG is the thicker of the two and is a natural sweetener. Still pretty tasteless though. PG is used in most flavorings and is rather thin.

I've never tried casing with honey although t it does sound tasty. Have you tried any liquor for casings yet?

Since I've tried plain whole leaf with no casing it has spoiled me. It is amazingly tasty. However, I have found many commercial blends delightful as well. I hope ya find a trader.

davek14

I smoked cigars years ago and started back again this time with whole leaf in a pipe. I smoked a pipe a little back then too and at the time disliked flavored tobaccos as well. I only smoked a little English or Balkan. Would smoke cigar butts of quality cigars in my pipe being cheap.

If I smoke some heavily cased (or whatever) stuff, I get bad tongue bite, my tongue feels "coated", and I can actually feel a little ill. Smoking a ghost out of some estate pipes I can even get that. What I've found lately is that, even with light casing, if I smoke it regularly I'll get that coating/bad taste on my tongue. I had some SWR which I mixed 1/3 with some whole leaf since I like the taste well enough, but smoking that for a couple days gave me issues. I threw it in the compost heap. The Wessex is like that, it's very mild on the casing but I don't want a steady diet of it. I'm actually kind of averse to anything store bought now. Whole leaf has spoiled me too.

Maybe I'm allergic to something.

burge

I know you can get some yellow twist bud cheap from Big Bonner.

greenmonster714

I know you can get some yellow twist bud cheap from Big Bonner.

Yeah, bigb has some nice leaf. His Orange VA, aged burely, dark air, and many others are all good. Just shoot him a pm and hell send you a listing of what he has. Great guy to do business with.

davek14

BB is great for sure. I'm working with his Bright Leaf right now. My tastes and knowledge are changing and evolving and I like the Bright Leaf added to blends. Currently trying to mellow BB Burley some then add a small amount of Bright Leaf to "bring it in" to a little tangy sweetness.

I know I like the YTB because he sent me some as a sample, as he does.

The Wessex is gone now. Thanks much for your responses. This board is really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.