Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Plants Started, Which one is tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanKelly

So I got the plants started. The question I have is which one of these pictures is the tobacco and which one is a weed. I'm afraid there is something in my soil causing a weed to grow. No big deal I can just do some weeding. The two plants don't appear to be same type of plant. One grew tall fast and the other grows low to the soil.

IMAGE 1: Grew Tall fast
IMG_2967[1].jpg

IMAGE 2: Low to the soil
IMG_2968[1].jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree.

Garden20130328_583_seedlings21da_p_trans_closeup_400.jpg

Allow that baby seedling to grow larger, then take a pic with a little angle to it.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

I see what you mean. I was thinking that my lights are brighter than they need to be. They tend to grow wide before growing taller, like yours, Bob. We'll know soon enough. I hope I'm wrong.
IMG_20170328_191941939_HDR~2.jpg

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I see what you mean. I was thinking that my lights are brighter than they need to be. They tend to grow wide before growing taller, like yours, Bob. We'll know soon enough. I hope I'm wrong.View attachment 23000
Yes this is interesting but I think like you. I believe it needs to be a little bigger before it put more leaf. But if it was just a little bigger I would say tobacco.. But I will follow this

SeanKelly

This is what the plants I originally thought to be tobacco turned out as. I have a new plant that I now to believe to be Tobacco as marked in these photos.
tobacco.jpg

greenmonster714

Good to see that authentic tobacco seedling come up for ya. I'd imagine after the pic the big ugly weed is no more..lol. I had a few non tobacco seeds sprout last year. It just happens. A little advice on the pic labels. Try using a bright yellow. You can barely see the red against the soil. Can't wait to see your garden grow. Good luck.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Gold luck with that tobacco plant! When it comes to the plant to the left I would take it away and perhaps burn it. Because it looks like something that can and will spread fast and easy. I have problem with pretty much things that will take over my garden. So If you don't have grown it don't let it live to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.