Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Non-traditional Ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDragon

Some of us just can't help ourselves. We see a recipe and just have to modify it. Other's are purists - no changes allowed! So my post today is for those like me that just has to experiment with things.

Do you have a favorite special ingredient or technique you like to use when rolling your cigars?

For example, I've been using vanilla infused rum as my casing, and other's I've seen like to use Cognac. A friend of mine likes to use his favorite Scotch in his humidor instead of water. (hmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here...) :rolleyes:

What is the secret ingredient that gives YOUR cigars that special je ne sais quois???

greenmonster714

I guess I'd be in the same category. I like adding my own twist. Sometimes it's a flop but that's just the chances we like to take. I'm interested in your infused method. I am planning on visiting the liquor store and buy some of those small bottles or maybe even a pint or two. I like the idea of the vanilla rum. That sounds delicious. How did you go about infusing those two?

GreenDragon

Take your adult beavy of choice (rum, vodka, etc) and for each cup of liquid, add a whole vanilla bean, sliced in half length wise, and let sit a few days covered. Mason jars are great for this. I like to buy my whole spices from a company called Penzeys. Great quality. Never buy a vanilla bean from the grocery store. Add other whole spices like allspice, black pepper, cloves, mace etc to taste.

greenmonster714

Take your adult beavy of choice (rum, vodka, etc) and for each cup of liquid, add a whole vanilla bean, sliced in half length wise, and let sit a few days covered. Mason jars are great for this. I like to buy my whole spices from a company called Penzeys. Great quality. Never buy a vanilla bean from the grocery store. Add other whole spices like allspice, black pepper, cloves, mace etc to taste.

Thank you for sharing that. I'm going to have a look at the site you mentioned.

ArizonaDave

Some of us just can't help ourselves. We see a recipe and just have to modify it. Other's are purists - no changes allowed! So my post today is for those like me that just has to experiment with things.

Do you have a favorite special ingredient or technique you like to use when rolling your cigars?

For example, I've been using vanilla infused rum as my casing, and other's I've seen like to use Cognac. A friend of mine likes to use his favorite Scotch in his humidor instead of water. (hmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here...) :rolleyes:

What is the secret ingredient that gives YOUR cigars that special je ne sais quois???

Rum/vanilla is used in one of my humidors at all times. I have used Cognac, but it's costly. Both work well for infusing. Never have had a mold problem when using alcohol as a humidity inducing agent.

Smokin Harley

Only thing Ive done wasnt a casing or topping but an infusion of various rums manufactured by a local distillery back in Illinois. They turned out awesome ,but due to moving I only did it once for a 3 stick test then a one dozen batch for him. My test included a silver ,amber (aged)and coffee infused rums . silver wasn't such a success but the toss up between the amber and coffee infused.

Status
Not open for further replies.