Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tangy coffee flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwaller

I've been rolling all kinds of cigar leaves from WLT, trying to find my favorite blends. One flavor I particularly enjoy is a tangy, coffee-like note that I often find in Cuban sticks - Cohiba Robusto is a great example.
Are there any commercial leaves that have this profile? Nicaraguan Habano Viso is in the right vein....

ChinaVoodoo

Are you talking the non-Cuban or the Cuban Cohibas? I've never had non-Cuban, but the closest I've come to a general Cuban flavor (I've only tried less than half of what WLT has to offer), is the Vuelta Abajo Habano Viso.

mwaller

I'm referring to the Cuban Cohiba Robusto. I wasn't aware that WLT offered a Vuelta Abajo Viso... I have the seco, which is good, but a bit bland. I also have the ligero, but I haven't tried it yet... Perhaps I need to dig into it!

burge

I like cohibas They are wonderful. Actually with Cuba now on the good side in relations we may be able to get some Cuban leaves. Still looking for a supply of real Canadian Virginia.

mwaller

I wanted to say a big "thank you" to BigBonner, who sent me an unsolicited care package containing SIX different cigar fillers!
IMG_20180317_091016109.jpg
I immediately got to work and rolled 4 test cigars, each with a different filler...
IMG_20180317_090140906.jpg
I decided I couldn't wait for my test cigars to be smokable, so I made crude cigarillos of each filler to taste. Havana 901 did indeed have the sort of coffee flavor I had been looking for! In addition, I found that Broadleaf had a mashmallow and nuts profile that was simply delicious.
Thanks again to BigBonner!

BigBonner

Founding Member
I wanted to say a big "thank you" to BigBonner, who sent me an unsolicited care package containing SIX different cigar fillers!
View attachment 23077
I immediately got to work and rolled 4 test cigars, each with a different filler...
View attachment 23078
I decided I couldn't wait for my test cigars to be smokable, so I made crude cigarillos of each filler to taste. Havana 901 did indeed have the sort of coffee flavor I had been looking for! In addition, I found that Broadleaf had a mashmallow and nuts profile that was simply delicious.
Thanks again to BigBonner!

You are welcome
Save some and blend in with WLT tobacco and see what you come up with .

Status
Not open for further replies.