Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Western NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraord

Hi all,

Going to give this tobacco growing a try again. Last year I got little more than germination but thats no fault but my own. So I am trying again. I have 7 different varieties sewn in seedling planters and hoping to see some germination in the next week or so.

With 2 of my favorite pipe tobacco makers pulling the plug (the most recent was McClelland if you hadnt heard) I figured its time to give this a shot with everything I can. I have a small crop farm in Western NY but this would obviously be for my own usage.

I know I am getting ahead of myself but I scored a very nice stainless steel commercial refrigerator with the top cooling unit. Cooling unit was toast so I don't have a dime into it. Inside dimensions are pretty substantial (27"D x 21"W x 57"H).

Looking forward to at least a leaf or two and learning the entire process!

Charly

Welcome on FTT.

Yes, it's a sad time for pipe tobacco brands !
Good luck with your crop, you will soon discover that you can achieve some really nice tobacco with a little bit of work ;)

burge

Welcome and I have to say buy some leaf. Big Bonner is 12 dollars a pound and about that during a black Friday sale. For growing a few people here have tried it but said it didn't come out all that good. I would highly suggest buying some leaf. WLT is as good if not better than McClelland.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For growing a few people here have tried it but said it didn't come out all that good.
I know a few souls who have tried growing tomatoes and cucumbers, and said it didn't come out all that good. How you approach growing anything determines success or failure.

Lots and lots of "people here" have tried growing tobacco, and say repeatedly that it comes out wonderfully. Just read the eight years worth of grow logs by dozens of forum members. This forum is about how you succeed at growing tobacco. All the tobacco you buy from anywhere is grown by somebody.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome and I have to say buy some leaf. Big Bonner is 12 dollars a pound and about that during a black Friday sale. For growing a few people here have tried it but said it didn't come out all that good. I would highly suggest buying some leaf. WLT is as good if not better than McClelland.

As you know, we live in the same place, and although it's been a challenge, I'm happy with the results I have been getting.

burge

I know a few souls who have tried growing tomatoes and cucumbers, and said it didn't come out all that good. How you approach growing anything determines success or failure.

Lots and lots of "people here" have tried growing tobacco, and say repeatedly that it comes out wonderfully. Just read the eight years worth of grow logs by dozens of forum members. This forum is about how you succeed at growing tobacco. All the tobacco you buy from anywhere is grown by somebody.

Bob

I will say we are both right. I know I have had emails from people when I asked about growing saying not that great. So my assumption is that he has tried and it didn't turn out that good. This forum will help however we need to support Don and Big. From smoking higher end Virginias Dons is amazing. The Three Castles Auld Kendal Dons matches in quality. I don't think I could grow tobacco that good. This forum is about whole leaf tobacco and growing your own. WLT rivals McClelland

Status
Not open for further replies.