Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is this normal? Little green balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraord

Jokes on the title I know, but seriously. Most of my trays and varieties have these little green balls. The only one that didnt was Tennessee Red leaf and sprouted per usual. is this ok? Should I add some dirt and start over? My soil temperature might have been low but Ive been trying to keep it as warm as I can and should have been north of 70 degrees. I should have a seed mat heater here on tuesday. What do the experts think, my apologies for being such a neophyte but I didnt see these last year either (which didnt get much past seedlings)

PhRb8tIm.jpg

nlbuFRMm.jpg

VhVTsS5m.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
MiracleGro, for one brand, encapsulates it's slow-release fertilizer in little yellowish spheres. The photos are not detailed enough to say for sure. Tobacco seed should begin to swell and put out a tiny, white radicle about 3 to 10 days after first placement on the surface of moist soil.

Bob

Paraord

Sounds good guys. If I dont see anything in the other pods after a few days of the florescent light and heat pad then I'll sprinkle on a few more.

Thanks for putting up with goofball questions.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
id suggest you sprinkle 1/8 inch of vermiculite over that course soil/// then sprinkle your seeds and water...

any seed that finds its way into a crack in that soil may get too buried to germinate,,,,were talking about some very small seeds here,

and I use fertilizer neutral potting soil to start anything... if those '' little balls'' dissolve and empty too much fertilizer to a young '' anything'' you take a high chance of killing whatever it is you have going,

we have a member on here from IRELAND and her weather reports are allways bad,

ive found the best for me is neutral potting soil. with a lot of perlite added, and a FISH EMULSION fertilizer,

.........................................................................................

if this is your first year of growing.. you have a good chance for success but you got to do your research, and all that info is on here,,

Paraord

Well they arent pots of gold lol. Curiosity got the best of me. They pop pretty good. For sure fertilizer. Thanks for helping me get that figured out all!

Status
Not open for further replies.