Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Extra spice to WLT Cigar blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Hi guys,
I was active here a couple of years back making some swedish style snus and pipe tobacco blends. I even tried to grow some baccy with moderate success. Anyway, I don’t smoke much anymore, just the occasional Cigar, and all my snus is store-bought :eek:. I have lurked around here from time-to-time and always thinking that I someday will roll my own cigar. That day has finally come. I ordered two pacs of Sabroso Medio II Cigar blend last week for me and a friend. From my previous dealings with Don @WLT I am certain that the quality is outstanding and the blend will be great. I was browsing the site after the order was in and thinking that for my next order I might try the Melodioso Cremosa blend and the Besuki wrapper and maybe the Vuelta abajo ligero for filler or….You know how it goes :D. So my question to you experienced rollers and blenders is:

• Do you have a favorite cigar filler/binder/wrapper readily available at WLT that you would recommend as an addition to “spice up” the milder blends? This for a guy that tends to favor the lighter cigars in the humidor.

Thanks in advance,

//Nic

mwaller

The Nicaraguan Habano Viso is excellent. It has a tangy quality that I love, and it is very strong. One of my favorite fillers. If want something a bit sweeter, try the Piloto Cubano Viso.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back. For lighter cigars, avoid any ligero leaf, or limit it to a single strip per cigar. Viso will be milder than ligero and stronger than seco.

Depending on your cigar tastes, there are a number of options that will vary the flavor: Piloto Cubano, Brazil Mata Fina, Corojo, Criollo, Paraguay Flojo, Honduran Habano filler (my favorite), Dominican Binder (used as filler), or for sweetness, PA (Pennsylvania) Binder (used as filler).

Just take your time, and work through the many options one by one. It's great fun. And don't forget that every wrapper variety lends a different quality to the very same filler blend.

Bob

Nic

Thanks! I will get another blend and maybe mix with your favourites listed above. Im entering this with an open mind and will surely find my own favourites along the way.

//Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.