Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Garlisk's 2018 Grow Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlisk

Hey guys, figured I'd start a grow blog here and start sapping the information out of you folks as I go. My seeds haven't arrived yet, and we're currently being snowed in...but that doesn't mean there isn't some work to be done. Here is a graph of my proposed layout and varieties I'm planning to plant.
The varieties I will have seeds for are the following:

Connecticut Broadleaf
Florida Sumatra
Havana K2-24
Little Dutch
PA Red
Cuban Criollo 98
Lancaster Seed Leaf

2018-Grow.jpg

Each square represents 1 ft, and the bottom of the graph represents the south side, so the smaller plants are at the bottom. Open to any suggestions and thoughts.

Picture didn't come through at full resolution.
Top (blue) row are blueberries.
Second row (yellow, orange), left to right: Havana K2-24, Criollo 98
Third row (orange, yellow), left to right: Little Dutch, Lancaster Seed Leaf

mwaller

Good luck with the grow! I'll be curious to hear your experience with CT Broadleaf if you decide to plant it.
I recently got a sample of Broadleaf from BigBonner, and it is absolutely delicious stuff!

greenmonster714

Greenhousemegastore is a great place to get supplies. I used them last year. Their 1020 tray are very sturdy and their prices are about the best around.

Garlisk

Not too much of note happening. I have them all thinned down to 1 plant per cell. Soon gonna transplant to 4" pots. Have another light on the way to accommodate the light area needed. So far so good, I think.

20180409_144248-01.jpg

mwaller

Your plants look nice and uniform! You probably don't need the humidity hood at this point. I would remove it and lower the grow lights to within 2" of the leaves.

Not too much of note happening. I have them all thinned down to 1 plant per cell. Soon gonna transplant to 4" pots. Have another light on the way to accommodate the light area needed. So far so good, I think.

View attachment 23400

Garlisk

That's good to hear. I am planning on getting them into the 4" pots tomorrow or thursday, and they won't have the hood at that point. The 4" pots will also raise them up a couple inches, which will get them to about that 2" distance from the lights. Things are working out for me over here, it seems!

Garlisk

Things have been progressing nicely. I have cut a lot of the early leaf material off ... haircuts. Plants seem very strong. I just put them outside for the first time today, get them acclimated for a bit and hopefully get them in the ground soon.

20180503_125302-01.jpg

Charly

I agree, they look very healthy !
I think they are ready to go in the ground.

Garlisk

Been a while since I posted here. Plants seem to be doing fairly well. I am taking the seed pods off of all of them except for one of the Little Dutch. That way I don't have to bag them.

The tallest one is a Criollo 98 at about 5.5' tall.

20180626_121502-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.