Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wanted Rustica Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishi

Was at a Foodshare meeting last week and a lady there was looking for Rustica seed for her mother they wanted to plant some for looks and she said some kinds have fragrant flowers.

If someone has any seed please PM me.
Thanks Dan

Daniel

Banned
I've never heard of Rustica with fragrant flower. Not all meaning it does not exist. This may not be the best place to be searching for ornamental plants though. I have heard of Nicotiana plants that are not "Tobacco" but a flowering plant. Not the same thing we are growing even if it is related. Hope I got that name right. I have only come across them once or twice while searching for tobacco related information and not really paid much attention to them.
I will be growing Rustica this year, only a few. And will be harvesting seed from at least one plant. Not much help for this year.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Was at a Foodshare meeting last week and a lady there was looking for Rustica seed for her mother they wanted to plant some for looks and she said some kinds have fragrant flowers.

If someone has any seed please PM me.
Thanks Dan

I know have seen "Jasmine scented nicotiana" around. There is one place that has something along the lines: http://www.seedsandmore-store.com/c...dt386/pd9347/Aztec_Nicotiana_Jasmine_Scented_

(This is the only place I have seen "Jasmine scented tobacco" and "aztec tobacco" in the same sentence by the way). I got that link from a google search, not sure where I saw the others.

Hmmmm.... I feel like I saw some ornamental nicotiana variety seeds at the hardware store seed rack. I'll take a look when I am down there today.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Search for Nicotana alata.

Bob

Yep, just left the store- they had Nicotiana alata as well. Actually, they have packets distributed by "Renee's Garden" (seed brand). I still feel like I saw some others around here somewhere as well.

Interestingly, one website has this in its description for "Jasmine Tobacco ( Sweet scented alata )"

"
Usually not grown for tobacco use as it’s sweet smelling flowers are coveted, but does make a good blend for cigarettes."

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
My mom had a nicatiana bush, the flowers bloomed at dusk and the most pleasant fragrance wafted over the lawn. We are definitely growing something else here.

BarG

Founding Member
Let us know how that turns out, I have a yellow jasmine plant [climbing or trellis type] a couple to 3 years old but it only blooms in early spring for a short time. I,ve seen other peoples bloom for longer.

Ishi

Thanks all for the help. I thought that I had posted last night but it did not go through. Went to the links provided and ordered some seeds from Monticello.

Thanks Again
Dan

Ishi

Got the seeds that I had ordered today from Seeds & More. I had ordered 2 pkg of seed, they sent a letter stating that since they did not have to use a padded envelope they had included another package of seed to cover the extra postage that I had paid. Was impressed good people to deal with.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.