Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Gm714 2018 grow...not this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

I hate to say this but I will not be growing this year. I am prepared to do so thanks to some seed sent by Bob but circumstances have changed causing me to halt plans to break ground or sow seed. To keep the seed I have safe I have sealed them up with a silica pack and stored them in a cool dry place.

As many of you know last year did not end for me well. The COPD diagnosis and drs orders to stay inside caused me to loose over 300 plants. Today after a year of trying new medicines I have found some that work and I'm just about where I was before all of the breathing issues began. My fatigue factor sucks but I can breathe better now.

So, just when I thought all was set to start this year I get a call from my sister in OH. They are putting my mother in Hospice. Dr says month, 3 months, maybe but not more than 6. With me being 600 miles from home I need to concentrate all efforts to having more face time with her. Next week I am leaving for a few weeks and will be traveling a lot back and forth as much as I can. Gardening is the last thing on my mind right now.

So, I will grow this season through your garden blogs here on ftt. I may not be getting my hands dirty but I can read and learn from your blog entries. Consider me y'all's tobacco cheerleader this year...lol. Gotta admit I will miss it but I've gotta spend as much time with her as I can. I'm just thankful I have time left share.

Levi Gross

I am very sorry for the turn of events in your life right now. I will also keep you in my prayers as well as your family. Best of wishes to you my fellow tobacco brother.
I hate to say this but I will not be growing this year. I am prepared to do so thanks to some seed sent by Bob but circumstances have changed causing me to halt plans to break ground or sow seed. To keep the seed I have safe I have sealed them up with a silica pack and stored them in a cool dry place.

As many of you know last year did not end for me well. The COPD diagnosis and drs orders to stay inside caused me to loose over 300 plants. Today after a year of trying new medicines I have found some that work and I'm just about where I was before all of the breathing issues began. My fatigue factor sucks but I can breathe better now.

So, just when I thought all was set to start this year I get a call from my sister in OH. They are putting my mother in Hospice. Dr says month, 3 months, maybe but not more than 6. With me being 600 miles from home I need to concentrate all efforts to having more face time with her. Next week I am leaving for a few weeks and will be traveling a lot back and forth as much as I can. Gardening is the last thing on my mind right now.

So, I will grow this season through your garden blogs here on ftt. I may not be getting my hands dirty but I can read and learn from your blog entries. Consider me y'all's tobacco cheerleader this year...lol. Gotta admit I will miss it but I've gotta spend as much time with her as I can. I'm just thankful I have time left share.

Charly

I am wholeheartedly with you GreenMonster !
You are right : family first ! Take good care of yours and yourself too. Tobacco can wait ;)

Good luck.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
It's sometimes breathtaking how far we spread ourselves from family members. At least the weather should be in your favor for travel now.

Bob

greenmonster714

Thanks guys. It is amazing how fast older folks just all of the sudden fall apart. I'm pretty much prepared to get there and her not recognize me. Dementia is a awful thing to deal with. After years of smoking it has caught up with her. Her lungs have just about shut down and she needs constant O2 to keep breathing. I lost my father about thirty years ago. This is going to be just as hard to deal with but ya can't stop the life cycle. Death is the only true promise in life and it's all just a matter of time for all of us. No matter how prepared we think we are it's always a hard blow when that time comes for loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.