Keepy Your Eye on Nicaragua

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Unrest in Nicaragua

NBC News said:
In the morning, army troops were deployed to Esteli, a city north of Managua that has been a main flashpoint of the demonstrations, to help police repel protesters. State-affiliated media showed images of armed soldiers patrolling the city center and said they were safeguarding strategic concerns after fires at several public buildings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...er-unrest-over-social-security-reform-n868216
Esteli is a major center of tobacco production.

Bob

greenmonster714

Nothing is more effective at mob control than live rounds. I lived in Panama for three years during the Noriega regime. Saw many protests and witnessed just how brutal the Army/Police would respond. I hope this isn't another civil war brewing.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
joyadenicaragua.png

The nascent cigar industry was booming in Nicaragua during the 1970s. Joya de Nicaragua cigars offered the fullest, darkest, oiliest maduro wrapped cigars available anywhere at that time. Then revolutionaries burned down the tobacco fields and the cigar factories. Joya de Nicaragua was eventually resurrected, but the secret to that incredible wrapper was somehow lost. The present day Joya de Nicaragua Antaño ("yesteryear") is sort of close, but not the same.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

joyadenicaragua.png

The nascent cigar industry was booming in Nicaragua during the 1970s. Joya de Nicaragua cigars offered the fullest, darkest, oiliest maduro wrapped cigars available anywhere at that time. Then revolutionaries burned down the tobacco fields and the cigar factories. Joya de Nicaragua was eventually resurrected, but the secret to that incredible wrapper was somehow lost. The present day Joya de Nicaragua Antaño ("yesteryear") is sort of close, but not the same.

Bob

That is one cigar that had me laying on the floor, trying to sleep it off.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
joyadenicaragua.png
The nascent cigar industry was booming in Nicaragua during the 1970s. Joya de Nicaragua cigars offered the fullest, darkest, oiliest maduro wrapped cigars available anywhere at that time. Then revolutionaries burned down the tobacco fields and the cigar factories. Joya de Nicaragua was eventually resurrected, but the secret to that incredible wrapper was somehow lost. The present day Joya de Nicaragua Antaño ("yesteryear") is sort of close, but not the same.Bob
Tanks for shearing this Bob.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The BBC reports, "The state department has ordered relatives of US government employees based in Nicaragua to leave the Central American country."

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm afraid that, despite my interest in the topic, I could stand to watch only the first 4 minutes of uninterrupted advertising. These guys have too much time available for their podcast. Two hours?

Bob

MarcL

Yeah, I get it. if they're not interesting as entertainment, there's advertising and, some other information but, after all, they are retailers. I don't watch it live so I could bump the speed to 1.5 and, skip the commercials. When I was watching live there was the live chat thing but, I tended to share what I was doing and, got shunned for it. I still find it entertaining though.

You might have seen this article? https://www.cigaraficionado.com/art...127961909&mc_cid=2ced4e3efc&mc_eid=3e625fda8e

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I had not read that article from Cigar Aficionado. It doesn't sound too bad, but it also has a feel of whistling past the graveyard.

Cigarmaker and tobacco grower A.J. Fernandez told Cigar Aficionado that his operation has not been affected and his workers are not on strike. “Of course we’re worried,” said Fernandez....
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.