Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Any Nasal Snuff Members Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krausen89

burge - I have used left over bits of pipe tobacco or just ones that i really like the smell of. I want to try the Cult blood red moon. that has amazing scent to it but havnt done any of that yet. This thread is for "nasal snuff" I have a couple small glass vials and small pill container and hold the mass tobacco flour in a pill container. This batch i used mostly stems with a half of a small leaf of latakia as well as the stem. not much latakia coming through. might use twice that next time.

burge

I get confused on smokeless tobacco. Not even sure how to use the stuff if I wanted to try something new

smoknron

I've used dry snuff since I was a kid actually. I can remember years back,seeing it in just about every store that sold cigarettes,cigars,chew and dip .Now I'm not sure if the stores here even sell it anymore. I might even try making some in the future. I used to order it online and have stored it for long periods of time with no problems.I've mixed a few here and there also to get a different effect,like adding some rustica to a weaker type to give it a little more nicotine kick.

pippo

Nasal snuff taker here. On and off since around 20yo. Now 63yo. One of the reasons why I want to grow my own is to make snuff as getting increasingly more expensive to import. I have made snuff just by grinding up a good cigar. Tragic for the cigar but excellent end product. The Facebook site Nasal Snuff Takers can be informative and entertaining.

Neil

cotillion

I have a bunch of tobacco boxed up from two years worth of growing I did a few years back. I'm going to start processing it tomorrow. Most will be for snuff but I might try to get some pipe tobacco or dip out of it too. Been taking snuff for several years now and ordering online from the UK. The postal service has been very unreliable lately so no better time than now to get a stockpile of home made stuff in the cellar.

Ifyougotem

Hi greenmonster,
I haven't used any dry snuff since I tried it once as a boy. Recently received an order from WLT, incl. a lb. of Prilep, which has a wonderful, pronounced floral aroma when smoked (or just nosed, in the bag). Case was perfect for long-term storage (though I'm having doubts that it will escape combustion that long), and I lifted the main leaf mass w my hand, and shook out the small amt. of broken leaf that settles at the bottom of the bag. What to do w the "shake"? It's warm during summer, and the broken stuff dried-down quickly. Pinched a small bit and it pulverized easily, so decided to try a sniff. It's fantastic, raw & straight out of the bag., w outstanding full floral aroma, and mild N and no harsh aspects whatsoever. I found it easy to pulverize to dust just grinding it together w fingertips, then passed it through a fine wire-mesh strainer (tapping the rim, w/out scrubbing it through). Decided to bump up the N w some DAC, processed exactly the same, w/out a coffee grinder even (though I'd use one if processing in bulk). 75% Prilep + 20-25% DAC seems to be the stiffest (N-wise) blend that seems balanced to me. In my short exp., any more DAC and the Prilep floral aroma is attenuated adversely- though those wanting it mild could cut back further, or even enjoy the Prilep straight-up. Lovin' it, and the few people who've tried it agree it's wonderful. No casing, no additives, one common tool, and copious aroma from just the raw leaf itself. I'm taking a little bump now and then where & when I don't want to spark up- kinda furtively, so as not to be mistaken for a degenerate dope fiend.

Regards, Ifyougotem

I've not tried it yet but I am interested. I've only heard it mentioned here once by a new guy who isn't active anymore. Anyone got some decent info on this stuff or maybe experiences to share? Ive found a decent vendor in the UK but need to read a bit more before I order any to try. Thanks

ArizonaDave

What kind of leaf do you use?

I use Whole Leaf from WLT.com ... Burley and Cigar varieties mostly but have made a few using Flue Cured too.

How do you prepare it?
Tools needed and supplies needed?
Food processor, coffee grinder, mortar and pestle, various sizes of sieves (EZ-Strainer fits 5 gallon buckets)

Can this be completed in a day or more time?

Initial grinding and sauce making in a day ... several weeks to months sitting / fermenting time.

What flavoring do you use and where do you get it? How do you store it?

I either make my own sauces / reductions or buy food grade extracts ... if I can't eat it I don't use it.

Here's an example: 2 cups Double Fermented Soy sauce, 2 heaping TBSP's of Dark Molasses, 1 Tsp Black Walnut Extract, Fennel seeds, Dark Roasted Coffee.

Heat the mixture to a simmer and continue slowly until it thickens slightly.
Pour the sauce through the finely ground coffee and strain.
Apply this to your shredded leaf enough to completely wet it but not dripping wet.
Place the mix into a press (I use a 6 ton shop press) for 3-5 days.
Remove from the press, dry enough for first milling and then jar for at least 3 weeks.
Grind and sieve to desired micron (400 for a coarse and moist blend, 200 for fine and dry)
Either toast or re-hydrate and back into jars.

Man, you're all in! That's more than I was going to mention. Most I've done is grind some Cigar Liguero, sift it, and tried it.

CobGuy

Man, you're all in! That's more than I was going to mention. Most I've done is grind some Cigar Liguero, sift it, and tried it.

Go Big or Go Home! LOL :)

My last few batches have been nothing but a coarse grind alkalized with Slaked Lime ... the strong and natural variety has become a favorite.
After going through several tins of Taxi Red, I said ... I can do that!

~Darin

Ifyougotem

After the honeymoon, some dissatisfaction with the Prilep + DAC raw powdered snuff mixture. Bought a pretty decent marble mortar & pestle, and can get a very fine powder now. Haven't tried the electric coffee grinder, but intend to use in future- finishing w the mortar if necessary. The Prilep is still to my perception xlnt solo, but I'm getting a nasty alkaline nose-bite trying to bump up the nicotine content using DAC. Traditional Meso-/S. American rape' (not too difficult to understand the preference for French sp. "rapee") utilizes rustica + a larger proportion of other ingredients. I think this would likely be a better method, and certainly expect a Prilep/rustica blend would be quite good.

Ifyougotem

Thought I should mention: this is the very same blend of raw pulverized tobacco -about 75% Prilep + 25% DAC- that was quite palatable, w no particularly uncomfortable nasal sting when ground until it just passed through a fine wire-mesh tea strainer. When pulverized to flour in a mortar, it stings quite a bit (and packs a greater and immediate N punch too, since there's quite a bit more tobacco in a pinch.) As w cigarette shred, the particle size has a pronounced, major influence on nasal snuff characteristics, in my limited but straightforward exp. I may leave out the extra-fine grinding, and consider the sl. coarser grind a sort of "time delay" delivery mechanism. Even the solo Prilep had a noticable little nip in flour form, but zero when less finely ground. Lastly, it seems worth noting that rape'/rapee is alkalized w ashes, besides utilizing high-nic rustica tobacco. I've tried adding maybe 20% clean white tobacco ash to the tea-strainer sifted raw snuff, and it did seem to help absorption- though I wouldn't call the try conclusive. It's a bit smudgey, and I haven't bothered w it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.