Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

can you make snus from pipe tobbaco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott gipson

I was wondering has anyone made snus from pipe tobbaco I want to start making my own snus
And what's the best blends of tobacco to use

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Do you mean pipe tobacco as in a store bought blend or pipe tobacco as in whole leaf? I would think with all the chemicals in commercial/store bought tobacco it would not make a very good snus. On the other hand, any type of whole leaf tobacco would make a good snus/snuf/dip/chew.

greenmonster714

Hello and welcome aboard. There are a few recipes available in the smokless section of the forum. I know JB above uses Yellow Twist Bud Burleys a lot. Most folks tend to stay with mild Burleys or a Maryland. Some venture into the twilight zone with high nic primitive Aztec varieties. I agree with JB. Any commercial pipe tobacco you buy will have some sort of casing where raw wholeleaf would not. I am currently working on a project with snus and will be posting a detailed pictorial of a combination of different methods used by our members. It's just taking some time to put together. In the mean time pick up some Burley from wlt or our commercial grower here on site BigBonner. The Squeezyjohn method works well and is pretty easy to follow. Have fun and good luck.

PS. Take a minute and start a thread in the introduction section. Tell us more about yourself and what your from. Adding your location to your avatar is helpful too. Of course this is all optional but we like welcoming new members.

Scott gipson

Yes I was talking about store bought. But was thinking about all the chemicals in it
I am hoping to grow my own tobbaco next year was plan on getting golden burley, yellow twist bud and mohawk just go do some more studding up on it first

Scott gipson

I have read and saved squeezejohns and Copenhagen forevers recipes and thanks for pointing me in the right direction on to where to get some whole leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.