Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Could Use a Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are considering ordering from WLT in the near future, consider ordering now, rather than later.

Don has not asked me to post this (and may be unhappy about it), but you folks are the life blood of both FTT and WLT, and should be aware of the issues affecting WLT at the moment.

FROM THE WLT HOMEPAGE said:
The website is experiencing severe errors. International orders can not be processed. Most of the other features are functional including the shopping cart. There is no estimated time for the issues to be fixed. If you can not place an order or would rather not use the site, please send an email to sales@wholeleaftobacco.com with your order and shipping information and an invoice will be email to you. This invoice can be paid using Visa and Mastercard credit/debit cards or Paypal.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The current website and its server are having major functionality problems. A new WLT website has been under development for a while (and will utilize different hosting servers), but will not be ready for at least a couple of weeks. Understandably, his business is suffering in the short-term.

If you are inclined to order some leaf (hopefully you are or will soon), look up what you want on the site, then place the order using email at sales@wholeleaftobacco.com

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks guys,

The condition of the website has been deteriorating for several years. It's an old program that gets very little attention from the host. I hate when people fix shit that isn't broken just for the sake of making a new website. I like routine in that when I learn to navigate a website, I like being able to get in, take care of business and get out. This is why I've been resisting upgrading the website for so long.

Currently, there is a massive server crash and about half of the WLT is functional. I can not save any edits to the program. International shipping (about 50% of my business) has been removed (no shipping option), Category menus with drop down windows are gone, preview pricing has been removed from every product, but is visible on the product detail page which also includes purchasing options (hooray for something).

There is no prognosis on when or if these issues can or will be fixed. If anyone wants to place an international order, please send me an email with your order and I'll reply with an invoice. This invoice can be paid online using any Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card.

On a brighter note...About 3 months ago, I hired a team of graphics designers and website builders to create a new website, but we are at least two weeks from launch. This is a very expensive process with having almost 200 pages of content, so your support will be very much appreciated.

Here's a sneak peek and Thank you for your support.

WLT Website Concept-FA2 (1).jpg

Tutu

Sneak peek looks very promising! Sorry to hear on the host issues.
I'd be interested to get some materials like the shredder and chaveta. I'll put my address at BM Cargo in Miami, they ship from me from US to DR. My question would be if it is possible to not list any of the items as tobacco related. They can not transfer actual tobacco products. So if you list any of the items, would it be possible to list things as a "shredder" rather than a "tobacco shredder" on the invoice?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sneak peek looks very promising! Sorry to hear on the host issues.
I'd be interested to get some materials like the shredder and chaveta. I'll put my address at BM Cargo in Miami, they ship from me from US to DR. My question would be if it is possible to not list any of the items as tobacco related. They can not transfer actual tobacco products. So if you list any of the items, would it be possible to list things as a "shredder" rather than a "tobacco shredder" on the invoice?

Thank you, Yes, we can keep the invoice "tobacco free".

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I like the postage stamp above a photo of growing tobacco. It reminds me of postcards that I've received from Tutu and Rainmax.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty cool idea too (not my idea). Your leaf is getting famouser and famouser, soon to be an international symbol of Leaf Tobacco. For those who don't know, the Fair Trade Tobacco and Whole Leaf Tobacco logo are of Bob's personally grown tobacco leaf.

Charly

Very nice picture of the future site !
I am eager to see it functionnal, and I wish you the best !

If I wasn't living in a country which forbids tobacco importations, be sure you could count on me to buy regularly from you (and Bonner too...) :( :(

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
...the Fair Trade Tobacco and Whole Leaf Tobacco logo are of Bob's personally grown tobacco leaf.

Garden_20110819_02_CTBroadleaf_leafMeasure_300_rotated.jpg

It's from 2011!

Bob

greenmonster714

To bad about the problems but happy to see wlt get a facelift. The sample looks great. The only thing I saw different on the site was the quantity of available leaf was missing and I saw nowhere to stick in a message on the order page. I ordered some stuff last night and see it is on it's way.

burge

I went through it you can check out on paypal but can;t enter any coupons

BarG

Founding Member
I remember the contest for that looking for ideas. Ah the good old days, heh heh. Good luck Don and great logo Bob. I miss the hell out of John Lee.

Kaneo

Hi Don,Its been awhile since I've been on the forums or placed an order. Do you still have any customers purchasing from New Zealand?Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.