Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

another canadian here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeapadrenaline

Howdy ya'll.
From the beautyful north okanagan valley in british columbia, canada.
new to growing tobacco, but not new to growing plants unusual to the area. From what i heard, back in the old days there where a few tobacco farms around. But most people now dont believe it could even grow here. I believe the climate is percect. Except that i am a bit out of the valley and also at higher elevation. Its common to get a frost or two even mid june, and starting to get frost again in september. But i am determined to be sucessful and have all the time to spend in the patch ic need be. Well, besides regular chores like cutting firewood for winter and such.
I plan on 200-250 plants. 10 varieties as follows:
Little dutch
harrow velvet
Havana
Pensilvania red
Aztec rustica
virginia
virginia bright leaf
Huge leaf
connecticut
Thailand (unknown variety)
thats it for this year. If anyone has any questions, i'll be glad to answer if i can.
ROGER

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Roger,
Welcome to the FTT forum. I wish you the best with your short growing season. If you can get them beyond the early frosts, then you will likely have time to mature the leaf. Maybe not quite long enough to make seed.

Bob

Rayshields

Roger,
Welcome, and good luck with the short growing season. I am new to growing tobacco too. I have about 500 seedlings with a target date to put in the ground May 10th...about 5 days after our frost free date. I only have 4 varieties, we have Virginia Bright Leaf in common.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
WITH SUCH A SHORT GROWING SEASON,,,

I'D SUGGEST STARTING THE M IN POTS,,, AND TRY TO GET THEM ABOUT 2 FOOT IN THE POT,,, perhaps gallon size pots,

and when the weather permits, then drop them in the ground

and welcome to the forum<

jeapadrenaline

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Unfortunately there is no way i could accommodate 200 plants in pots, be hard pressed to do 20. I live out in the bush in a small cabin (14x16 foot plus loft).
But after mid may the chances of frost are minmal, lets hope this year none lol.

jeapadrenaline

Update:
Since i am limited to android mobile phone due to off grid living, anyone is welcome to add me to facebook to view pics of my baccy garden and everything else. Search for "jeapadrenaline" James Boss. Then send me a message stating you're from FTT, and i will accept the friend request.
Hope to see ya all there enjoy.

BarG

Founding Member
Update:
Since i am limited to android mobile phone due to off grid living, anyone is welcome to add me to facebook to view pics of my baccy garden and everything else. Search for "jeapadrenaline" James Boss. Then send me a message stating you're from FTT, and i will accept the friend request.
Hope to see ya all there enjoy.

I'd be glad to jeapadrenaline but i'm a bit scared of facebook. I don't know much about it.

jeapadrenaline

BarG, i felt the same way a couple of years ago... now i can't imagine a life without going on facebook every couple hours and checking messages and updates. One can keep everything private if he wishes and only let friends see what you want them to see.
Facebook is an addiction much like tobacco and the FTT forum, Glad i found it.

BarG

Founding Member
BarG, i felt the same way a couple of years ago... now i can't imagine a life without going on facebook every couple hours and checking messages and updates. One can keep everything private if he wishes and only let friends see what you want them to see.
Facebook is an addiction much like tobacco and the FTT forum, Glad i found it.
Could I reply or respond on your page in facebook in a private manner.and would I have to register with them? when I said I don't know that was literal. I am always anxious to see other members achievments.

jeapadrenaline

Could I reply or respond on your page in facebook in a private manner.and would I have to register with them? when I said I don't know that was literal. I am always anxious to see other members achievments.

Unfortunately you would have to register, but you can have a bare basic profile. And there arw a number of ways to interact... post coment on pics or can send private message or even private chat.

BarG

Founding Member
Unfortunately you would have to register, but you can have a bare basic profile. And there arw a number of ways to interact... post coment on pics or can send private message or even private chat.

I have a phobia about regestering on facebook. I'll wait! no problem because you'll find a way to share them pics I betcha.If my middle name aint[????}

Status
Not open for further replies.