Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Need Help again - air-curing Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjnawa

Howdy all,
And a big thanks to whom ever answers this weeks DAQ from a newb. I am growing and have already harvested some Virginia Bright Leaf real nice looking leaves harvested the first batch, hung them up outside but I live in SoCal and there is no such thing as humidity so the damn leaves dried up almost over night. Since then I have moved them inside the house. They are drying very slowly I would say about 10 to 20 days depending on the size. My Question is will they get better overtime like a Burly or am I stuck with what they are at.
Thanks.

ChinaVoodoo

Re: Need Help againnnnnn

Howdy all,
And a big thanks to whom ever answers this weeks DAQ from a newb. I am growing and have already harvested some Virginia Bright Leaf real nice looking leaves harvested the first batch, hung them up outside but I live in SoCal and there is no such thing as humidity so the damn leaves dried up almost over night. Since then I have moved them inside the house. They are drying very slowly I would say about 10 to 20 days depending on the size. My Question is will they get better overtime like a Burly or am I stuck with what they are at.
Thanks.

Yes, air cured bright tobacco gets better with age. Since you're in SoCal, you'll have to keep them humidified for any aging to take place, though.

As long as they are not drying green, ten to twenty days is fine. If you find they are drying green at all, wait longer before picking.

sjnawa

Re: Need Help againnnnnn

Thanks for that you have helped me before mucho apprecio dude. One other question for better direction, how long should they age? And re humidified could I gently mist the leaves with distilled water? And can I keep them in the same shoe box I do my burley or would you recomend they be kept seperate? Also say someone should plant a bunch of seeds one day and forget what they planted the next. Is there anyway to tell what type of Tobacco said moron planted and if so please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.