Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Intro and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsonkyle

Hey everyone my name is kyle, I've been rolling cigars for about 6 months now and have been following everyone's posts on this site as well as botl, leaf only forums, etc and I just now made an account! Just wanted to introduce myself and also have a quick question. Recently I rolled some quick small cigarillos for fun just to try something new using 1 Nicaraguan ligero and some wrapper scraps from a Connecticut wrapper. They ended up being way to strong with to much of a bite lol. now i have 4 or 5 of these little guys and was wondering what I could do with them? If anyone has any suggestions let me know! I tried just throwing one of them on top of some Dominican seco filler and rolling it into another binder and it's not horrible just not good. What would you guys do in my situation? Thanks!

Also gotta give full credit to a fellow delawarean @webmost for getting me into cigar rolling I watched his 45 minute video on YouTube and his others which made me get into the hobby so thank you!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

Puros don't really do anything. They can;t tell you a whole lot because as soon as that leaf is blended with a different tobacco, it will change flavor profiles.
The only thing I can recommend doing with your cigarellos is to use them as mosquito chasers or take them apart and reuse the filler in a blend.

...or you can infuse them with your favorite liquor. Put them in a sealed jar with a half a shot of booze and let them sit for a couple of weeks. Make sure the booze is in a shot glass and the cigars don't come in contact with it.

burge

Welcome as another suggestion you can wine dip them like they do with colts.

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum.

Puros don't really do anything. They can;t tell you a whole lot because as soon as that leaf is blended with a different tobacco, it will change flavor profiles.
The only thing I can recommend doing with your cigarellos is to use them as mosquito chasers or take them apart and reuse the filler in a blend.

...or you can infuse them with your favorite liquor. Put them in a sealed jar with a half a shot of booze and let them sit for a couple of weeks. Make sure the booze is in a shot glass and the cigars don't come in contact with it.

Tell them secrets with the booze heh heh

Larsonkyle

Hmmmmmm I might have to try that infused liqour trick... thanks for the advice!

Charly

Welcome on FTT ;)

If you are not happy with your cigars, you can unmake them and reuse their content in a new cigar. You could try to make a longer one with a smaller diameter with the same content, it should become more «light» or smooth.

Or you could also try to smoke them more slowly.
I enjoy smoking my cigars very slowly (the same as if I was smoking a pipe).

Jim D

Welcome to FTT!
You could save a couple to age but as this was a puro, not a blend, I'm not sure that would do anything...
Take them apart and reuse the ingredients in a new blend is probably your best bet.

D0CH0LLIDAY

Hey everyone my name is kyle, I've been rolling cigars for about 6 months now and have been following everyone's posts on this site as well as botl, leaf only forums, etc and I just now made an account! Just wanted to introduce myself and also have a quick question. Recently I rolled some quick small cigarillos for fun just to try something new using 1 Nicaraguan ligero and some wrapper scraps from a Connecticut wrapper. They ended up being way to strong with to much of a bite lol. now i have 4 or 5 of these little guys and was wondering what I could do with them? If anyone has any suggestions let me know! I tried just throwing one of them on top of some Dominican seco filler and rolling it into another binder and it's not horrible just not good. What would you guys do in my situation? Thanks!

Also gotta give full credit to a fellow delawarean @webmost for getting me into cigar rolling I watched his 45 minute video on YouTube and his others which made me get into the hobby so thank you!

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to try a good filler for a small cigarillo, try the T13 filler with a dominican binder. That filler is good just by itself.

ras_oscar

I occasionally flavor cheroots by laying them in a sealed Tupperware container between layer5s of paper towels moistened with liqueur. I've used Frangelico, honey jack daniels, kahluea, the possibilities are endless. The secret is to moisten not soak the paper towels, and to store them in a sealed container after treating.Also, see threads on mojo. Some say a mojo treatment of the leaf pre roll will tame down harsh leaf. No reason the same process wouldn't work with a small cigar and the flavoring process described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.