Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

F22's deployed 200 miles from Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I've got an ak that I want to set up for hunting this year. Everyone on the web says don't use it, but it is what I have and there are no long range shots in these thick woods anyway. I'm hung on the mount right now. Dunno if I should get the receiver tapped for a scope or ultimak for a red dot.

workhorse_01

I hunt with a rem.700 /300winmag it kicks like a mule but everything i've ever shot with it i killed. Where i'm from we call it sit-stay because what i shoot stays where i shoot it,and it dont matter how far the shot is .I put a leapers 5th gen 6-24x50mm scope on it 7yrs ago and sighted it in once and im grouping 1-1/2" @ 100 yd's. my motto "WHY RUN YOU JUST DIE TIRED".

BigBonner

Founding Member
I at one time used my Ruger 7mm mag . It has alot of power and probably too much , but for long 300 yard shot its fairly good . I shot at a deer one time and the only time I missed . It was on a slow walk move . I shot and darn if I didn't kill a tree . To my surprise the bullet went through a 14 " walnut tree . It was a tiny hole going in and splintered the back out of the tree . This gave me a bright Idea to see how powerful this gun was . I shot a 16 "oak tree at 100 yards . The bullet went clean through splintering out the back side . My son uses it now , I tell him to make sure of where he is shooting .

I have a 338 mag browning just incase I ever get picked in the elk draw here in KY , Now theres a kick .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Ugh our deer are the size of dogs here, I want to eat them not blow them up lol. Will be using 154 gr bullets going about 2400 fps, there should be no reason that can't down one. If I ever go for polar bears then I'll get a cannon like you guys

workhorse_01

Hey now, when i go for distance and lighter punch i shoot my 22-250 . I killed a pile of deer with it too! 4385 ft per sec @ muzzle the shock kills the deer not the gr of the bullet

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
So, you folks are worried that the deer are secretly developing a nuclear weapon? Or are you thinking that the Iranian Quds Force will behave like frightened deer? If it's the former, I sure hope the deer at least consider the possible collateral damage that might occur, should they attempt to neutralize the hunters.

If it's the latter, well...it isn't. Iran fought against Saddam's Iraq for 10 years, even with Iraq using chemical weapons and anti-personnel lasers against them.

I guess there's not much chance of a successful deer-hunter negotiated settlement. Maybe we'll have better luck with Iran.

Bob

Rayshields

I know a guy that calls deer antlered rodents and shoots them with a 22 rimfire. He claims that at 75 yards and under, the 22 has plenty to take them out.

workhorse_01

Reagan ended this mess and this foriegn dick tator has managed to get it re-started in three and a half years! Are you better off than you were 6.5 trillion dollars ago ?

workhorse_01

I purty much figure they have a reservation for me, I strongly believe in the US Constitution & The true American people (not the commies pretending to be americans).

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
The Common Marked or EU is changing drastically in the near future. With a secret plan to install a
super powerful leader with more power than the the President of the USA. This is down right scary
read the comments posted too.
Opponents fear the plan could create a modern-day equivalent of the European emperor envisaged by Napoleon Bonaparte or a return to the Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne that dominated Europe in the Dark Ages.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318045/EU-plot-to-scrap-Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.