Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

about to reorder more leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladaok

Have been purchasing whole leaf from WLT over the years ...I am finding the flue cured Virginia thin leaf is great, and mixes with my home grown and cured well .... I would like to try one of WLT cigarette blends ....would any of these mix well with the Virginia thin leaf ...are there any other suppliers offering blends in perhaps smaller quantities ...ta

ladaok

Ta, .... there are other points in my question you may be able to answer as well ...ta

burge

Don't go with leaf only. Use Big Bonner. What are you looking for in taste? I ordered once from leaf only it was okay the second order was absolute crap. A mix of Dons lemons and bigs lemon and orangey lemon is really good. All the Virginias go well with each other.

davek14

+1 on Big Bonner. He might not always be able to do this, but the first time I ordered from him he allowed me to purchase 1/4 lb. each of 4 tobaccos. Been who I order from since.

LO's postage is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Selling an individual, small quantity of tobacco leaf on-line pushes the bounds of economic practicality. The record keeping, tax administration, handling labor, bagging material, shipping materials and transport costs gobble up the profit in the sale.

The economics aside, even an entire pound of one type of leaf is a randomly tiny sample of the quality and characteristics of a warehouse bale of tobacco.

The cigarette blend kits at WLT are carefully balanced combinations. Diluting them with home-grown leaf will certainly be an improvement over the home-grown alone, but not as nice as the balanced blend undiluted.

My suggestion would be to purchase at least a pound each of several individual blend components, and explore various combinations on your own. Mixing up small batches with a record of their changing proportions will enhance your intuition about your preferences.

Bob

ladaok

Ta Bob, ... Does this Big Boner chap, have a web site ?

Status
Not open for further replies.