Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New to FTT and from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarjohny

Hi i am from Canada and am into cigars for about 3 years now and just found out that i am able to buy leave for my roll my own cigars. So now i am fully interested and waiting for my order sample and some other leave to arrive from whole leave so i can start this journey of making my own blends. Can someone help me on a blend that would or can imitate a cuban H.upmann mag46 or Fuente Gran Reserva Maduro churchill. Thanks for any help you Bolt can help with.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Attempting to duplicate a specific frontmark of a specific brand is usually a futile exercise. While I can't help with the H. Upmann Magnum 46 Cuban, I'll take a shot at the Fuente.

Now, to begin with, http://arturofuente.com never says anything about specific leaf varieties. Those are trade secrets. So we go blindly into the Dominican Republic, attempting to invent a "mild-to-medium" cigar with rich aroma and a smooth and gentle maduro wrapper.

For a very dark, yet mild wrapper, I would suggest Ecuador Maduro Wrapper from WLT.
As binder, WLT's richly flavored Dominican Binder, which I believe to be Olor, would serve.
Filler could be a blend of the following:
These are truly wild guesses about Fuente's darkest secrets. But this would undoubtedly amount to a delightful, mild-to-medium Dominican cigar in a dark, tasty wrapper.

Bob

MarcL

Welcome to Fair Trade Tobacco.
Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva are aged in spanish cedar which does lend to the taste. there boxes are good for that.

cigarjohny

Thank you all for the help especially Bob. Seems like you been doing this a while and knowledgable. Thanks to all that chimed in. Please more help would be nice.

buck

Status
Not open for further replies.