Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from QC Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Im just here to learn about and to discuss tobacco. :)

Maybe its not the best thread to ask a quick question but here it goes: Is it possible to grow a very small amount with next to no other resources than dirt, ceramic pots and water? Growing seems relatively straight forwards but the curing seems a bit tough. For RYO and pipe use mostly.

Glad to meet you all :)

~Someguywithahat

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome,
As you can see below my name, I'm also from Canada. It will be helpful in discussions about growing in the future if you can input your location into your profile. Yes, you can grow in pots. The larger the pot the better. I got some free ones, the ones they use for tree seedlings, from a local greenhouse. I asked and they directed me to the recycle bin. I use them for eggplant in my greenhouse. I would say a 2.5gal pot is about the smallest you would want. 5 would be better.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Here's a tiny pot that grew an okay-size plant (about 1/2 the size of a ground-grown plant of the same variety):

Garden20170724_2891_Havana322_FolgersTub_500.jpg

I would look at 5-gallon buckets (with drain holes drilled).

Bob

Hugh

Salut! Welcome. I'm growing in the Gaspe --a little bit of dirt, some pots-- you'll be good to go.
Main thing is an early start in the spring under lights. March/April is none too soon.
I use the fluorescent lights over my kitchen counter.

I'm growing Burley. Air-dried, good for pipe.
If you need some seeds, PM me.

Good luck!

burge

Welcome get some baccy to start and then see what you like. If your first grow does not do well you have something to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.