Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Corojo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyL

I ordered a couple kits and a few lbs a couple months back and it seems I got 2 diff types of corojo. The kits came with what was listed as corojo seco and I ordered 2 lbs of corojo 99 seco. The corojo in the kits is a lighter shade with a reddish- orange tint to it. Almost like a clay color. It just says corojo on the bag. Im thinking it is the CV corojo but not sure. The CV Corojo viso I have is listed as such on the bag. I was just wondering if this is a diff strain of corojo that's not listed or a diff batch of 99. Just curious as to what I have and am hoping you guys could help. I forgot to take pics but can post some tonight after work.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The Cibao Valley (It took me a bit to realize what "CV" meant.) Corojo is specifically from that region. If the region is not specified, then it could be from there or elsewhere in the Dominican Republic.

Despite our notions of uniformity within specific, named varieties of cigar leaf, there is really quite a bit of variation from one finca to the next, from one particular field to the next, and from one season to the next. Commercial samples of a particular variety can run the gamut. They are always baled into similar leaf size and leaf color batches. So one bale of the same crop from the same finca in the same year will differ less its fellow leaves than from leaf of the next bale.

The consistency of the best commercial cigars is the result of their setting aside at least a 3 year quantity of matching leaf for a new blend. When we buy one pound at a time, it's difficult to get the same consistency as we would with purchasing an entire bale at a time.

Bob

RandyL

Thanks for the response. I was just confused because the CV viso is labeled CV. I ordered the 2 Corojo at the same time and they are clearly diff leaf. Just wasn't sure if he was using a diff corojo for the kits or not.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
We stock two distinctively different Corojo tobaccos. One "Corojo" is an industry standard grade tobacco. "Cibao Valley Corojo" is a tobacco cured for an extended time compared to standard Corojo, so yes, they are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.