Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New old member from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr1992

Hey there,

Been on this forum for a year now and was just reminded in my first post that I haven't introduced myself yet :-x. Too many forums I've been on, pity I didn't think of this one earlier seeing that all the others have closed down. At any rate, this is my 4th growing season, southern Germany, and slowly but surely things are panning out well. Hope they stay that way since most of my family is puffing away on my baccy; anyway, looking forward to posting and reading on this forum, perhaps there are also some old members from howtogrowtobacco.com or tabakanbau-forum.de :p

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn't realized that HTGT had gone dark. That's a pity, since there was a lot of good info on there. Most of FTT's founding members, as well as FTT's founder, started out there. Tabakanbau.de itself seems to still be in business. (I have grown their Brasil Dunkel.)

I lived in Ramstein for 3 years, back in the early 1980s (USAF). It seemed as though it rained nearly every day. I recall one afternoon at work, someone shouted, "the sun is out." Nearly everyone in the building rushed to the western facing windows to have a look. It must have been sunny more than my recollection, since I completed scores of Volksmarches through gorgeous countryside in the Rhineland Pfaltz.

Bob

CobGuy

Welcome back!

I lived in Ramstein for 3 years, back in the early 1980s (USAF)

I've also spent time in Germany with the USAF (early 90's) but it was in Wiesbaden ... just up the Strasse. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.