Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pipe cleaning kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

abador

Hey everyone, I never have been to clean my pipe which is probably not the best thing. I would like to start cleaning it but would like to buy a kit that I could use. If possible I think it would be nice to have a nice case that houses the kit just for a classy touch but that is not a requirement. I would like to find a kit that has several tools that I could use to do an extensive cleaning if I ever decided to do this. If possible I would like to keep the price of the kit around $20 or below but I have not found much of anything like what I am looking for. Does anyone know of a kit that I should look at and any good places I can look to find what I am looking for?

Smokin Harley

buy yourself a czech tool ,less than $3, usually in a small bin at a good smoke shop , basically a foldable "swiss army" pipe tool - pick, tamper and a spoon shaped mini scraper in one handy appliance. then a pack each of pipe cleaners , one soft white ,the other with the scrubby bristles . and a cheap airline sized bottle of vodka or rum, basically any clear or"unflavored" distilled spirit. and if you need something to spif up the outside of the stem and bowl a small bottle of grapeseed oil does wonders. kinda like brylcreem , a little dab'll do ya, dab a drop on and buff it with an old scrap of t-shirt. And after you buy all that ,take the $10 left from the $20 budget and buy yourself a nice pouch of pipe tobacco ,Lane 1-Q is a nice relaxing smoke.

Smokin Harley

Lol, Bob (deluxestogie) messaged me about "but, what about the stylish case?"
For that ,believe it or not and dont laugh please, I have an old worn COACH handbag that I keep my pipe kit in. I got it at a garage sale for just a couple bucks. its dark brown leather, has a large zippered compartment and a side compartment. The whole thing is about 10 inches by 6 and 2 inches thick. My grandfather used to have a leather pipe bag and this isnt that far off in design from it. No, I dont take it anywhere.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
ManicureKit.JPG

You can get one of these on Amazon for $8. Throw away any tools that don't seem to be useful for a pipe, then you have a stylish kit with a few extra spaces.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

It's probably beyond your target $20 or less, but I believe you would be happiest with a leather pipe pouch. There are different sizes and configurations. A common one has spots for a couple pipes, an ounce or two of tobacco, pipe cleaners, and a pipe tool. If you, or someone you know is handy, maybe you could sew, or rivet one up, or adapt something like what Bob posted.

Levi Gross

FA533272-C0C6-41EC-AAE7-95C04167A701.jpg6B453959-C9A9-4B37-8220-662DD8B54B76.jpgThis is what I use for my normal routine. A simple single pipe pouch made of leather capable of holding all that you see pictured or whatever suits you. Purchased at smoking pipes for $28.00. It’s really a nice little pouch if you don’t mind simple. If you’re wanting a real pipe cleaning kit or service kit they have that as well but it’s going to be a bit more than $20.00. Happy smoking and I hope you find what works best for you.

davek14

I throw my cleaning supplies into a yard sale $.25 tin since they can get gunk on them. My travel pouch for smoking on the road is a yard sale camera pouch. It's a pipe, lighter, Czech tool, and a couple pipe cleaners. Tobacco in an old dip container for easy loading.

Most of my smoking is done on the back porch, out of a cob. There's a big old oak tree back there. Lots of times I'll just pick up a stick and whittle it for poking, scraping, etc., and follow with a pipe cleaner. Then both go in the garbage.

Smokin Harley

ManicureKit.JPG

You can get one of these on Amazon for $8. Throw away any tools that don't seem to be useful for a pipe, then you have a stylish kit with a few extra spaces.

Bob

or you can sit on the back porch and trim your nails ,ear and nose hairs ,dig that splinter out of your hand, etc ,all while you enjoy a pipe.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My original intent of posting the manicure set was half serious and half facetious. On staring at the included tools, I see some that might be really useful. Like the hooked nail file, which might make an excellent bowl scraper. And a few more things in there. And who among us isn't currently using nail clippers that have been too dull for--gosh! When did I buy those antiques?

Bob

Smokin Harley

My original intent of posting the manicure set was half serious and half facetious. On staring at the included tools, I see some that might be really useful. Like the hooked nail file, which might make an excellent bowl scraper. And a few more things in there. And who among us isn't currently using nail clippers that have been too dull for--gosh! When did I buy those antiques?

Bob

I understand ,Bob. You know I like to be facetious as well. But ,you're right, anytime we can find more use than the tool was intended we save money on something we already have. I also have taken a 30d nail and pounded it out and polished up a nice pipe nail.

Levi Gross

I just picked up this handy smoking knife today sent from smoking pipes at a cost of 18$ It’s an English made Rodgers Sheffield knife.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.