Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi, from Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

I’m Scotty, and I been looking on this forum for a few months. I got interested in cigars after a stop in st marteen last year on a cruise. There was a stand set up and a lady was rolling, I bought a few then I started ordering on ci, I got a little crazy about cigars. Last week I decided to order the Terroso Profundo kit from wlt and received it Monday. I rolled one yesterday and smoked it immediately and wow, that’s a very good blend. I like it. I think I might be hooked on rolling already, just need lots of practice. I did watch a video from a member here, titled “how to roll your first cigar”. Very helpful video. Thanks. I’ve also been a home brewer for about 18 years, don’t get much time for that these days though. I’ll try to post a picture of my first roll in the appropriate thread.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your support.

As with all forum members, please enter your user name in the special instructions next time you place and order and you'll get free stuff.

Scotty

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your support.

As with all forum members, please enter your user name in the special instructions next time you place and order and you'll get free stuff.

Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind. Again that is a good blend. I thought I was smoking an expensive cigar by the taste and aroma. Wonderful.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
. I thought I was smoking an expensive cigar by the taste and aroma. Wonderful.

Contrary to popular opinion on other websites, I do not get leftover scraps that the tobacco industry discards. Most of my tobacco is too expensive for average tobacco manufacturers to use. It's all about the bottom line. That's why they don't care what variety they're getting...or even care to specify.

My cigarette tobaccos are from the top 1% of over 25 million pounds. Most of my cigar tobaccos are produced in limited quantities using elaborate growing and curing techniques which obviously adds to the cost.

I always tell people there is no economic advantage to selling cheap tobacco, but you'd be hard pressed to get a corporate suite to agree.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. You may find other links for cigar rolling in our Index of Key Forum Threads: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum

If you enter your general location into your profile, it will appear alongside each of your posts.

Depending on the size of cigars that you chose to roll, the cost of a self-rolled cigar (with the finest tobaccos in the world) easily comes in at less than $1.50 a stick. It may take as many as 30 cigars (if you roll one then smoke one) to get a consistent draw, and maybe 100 for them to consistently look lovely. Once you're comfortable rolling, then have a look at rainmax excellent video of a Cuban torcedor in action (see link above). I've rolled a gazillion cigars, yet I still go back and watch that video from time to time. The better you get, the more you will recognize subtle techniques in the various rolling videos.

Bob

Scotty

OKC. Most of the family now live in Norman, Edmond, and the big city of Bartlesville.
“Waikikigun” it just dawned on me your in Hawaii. I have two sister in laws in Maui. Beautiful there. Been there a couple of times. For each of thems weddings, my wife and her sisters are from the Philippines.

Scotty

Contrary to popular opinion on other websites, I do not get leftover scraps that the tobacco industry discards. Most of my tobacco is too expensive for average tobacco manufacturers to use. It's all about the bottom line. That's why they don't care what variety they're getting...or even care to specify.

My cigarette tobaccos are from the top 1% of over 25 million pounds. Most of my cigar tobaccos are produced in limited quantities using elaborate growing and curing techniques which obviously adds to the cost.

I always tell people there is no economic advantage to selling cheap tobacco, but you'd be hard pressed to get a corporate suite to agree.
Don’t take me wrong, I’m not knocking it by any means. It’s top notch. I just smoked the second one I rolled and I love it. I probably should’ve let it sit longer, but I’m new and impatient. I’ve only rolled a total of 5 so far and when I get too low I’ll order a couple more blend kits. Wish I had time to just sit and roll and smoke’em all day.

waikikigun

“Waikikigun” it just dawned on me your in Hawaii. I have two sister in laws in Maui. Beautiful there. Been there a couple of times. For each of thems weddings, my wife and her sisters are from the Philippines.
Where abouts? My cuz lives in the PI now with his Filipino wife and their kids. They lived in Waikiki near me for fifteen years during which time they were sending back money to build a huge house in Ilicos Norte, where they now live.

Scotty

Where abouts? My cuz lives in the PI now with his Filipino wife and their kids. They lived in Waikiki near me for fifteen years during which time they were sending back money to build a huge house in Ilicos Norte, where they now live.
One is in kehei (spelling) the othe one, her and her husband just recently bought a house. I have no idea where. Maui is a fun place, we rented a car both times. I drove to Hana, and the Haleakala crater. It was funny, everybody at the top is dressed like it’s winter and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and thought it was great up there. I like Maui brewing company. Coconut porter.

waikikigun

One is in kehei (spelling) the othe one, her and her husband just recently bought a house. I have no idea where. Maui is a fun place, we rented a car both times. I drove to Hana, and the Haleakala crater. It was funny, everybody at the top is dressed like it’s winter and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and thought it was great up there. I like Maui brewing company. Coconut porter.
Yeah, I like that beer a lot. I like anything with coconuts in it, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.