Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Michibacy Grow Log 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
(Stay on topic guys)

Apparently this season is full of all kinds of "fun". My plants aren't adapting well to the outdoors, a day after I planted we got 90*F + temperatures and it fried some of the leaves off the plants but the buds are still ok. I've been watering plenty enough, we shall see! I still have some back up plants if I need them...

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
good job on trimming the leaves,,,,

it makes a plant focus on the root system,,,,

same works if you ever clone something,,,,,trimming the leaves helps the young cutting develop roots,

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Ever cloning "something" huh chicken? ;) Yeah, I trimmed beyond what was fried so that anything that might have got damaged cell wise would be removed to.

I forgot what it means, but what does it mean when the leaves turn upside down?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i clone lots of things<

only 2 of my moonflowers came up,,,, the dog killed 2 of them, so i'll be cloning them in the future,

they attract humming birds,

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I've heard of it done before, and I know there is a forum on HTGT on doing so, but haven't attempted to do it myself

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you'd have to top it i guess,,, and use the top for cloning,

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Plants are not adjusting well to the outdoors, I keep them watered as needed but they are getting kinda stingy, I'll keep my eyes on them and won't pluck them unless there is no sign of life in them.

Rolled a cig the other day with this past winters tobacco (found a leaf I didn't use) smokes pretty well.

img0573zt.jpg

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I've heard of both being done, I've grafte tomatos before (similar to tobacco biologically speaking), haven't done any experiments with tobacco though.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Partial Sun (75% sun 25% shade)

Yellow twist bud
green brior
silk leaf
havana 142

Watered a few hours after the "wet spot" around the plant is dried. I'll post some pictures here after work

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
As you can see in the pictures, the leaves are curling a bit and they look a bit wilted. I've trimmed off all crisped areas

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Re: Michibacy Grow Log 2012: Update: Plants are springing back to life

I looked at my starting set up and current situation and noticed something...

my startup did not put out nearly enough light.

my plants went through shock from CFL light to sun *even with hardening off*

for my remaining plants I put a normal lightbulb in and it should give enough hard light to suffice the plant for a few days. After that, out they go.

Also, the plants just need more water in this early stage. 90*F days and slight breeze dry the ground out. Watering in the AM and about 11pm really helps them out.

The Izmir Ozbas also really is growing well. (I had it in my plant incubator and it has really sprung to life)

One good thing is this breeze helps strengthen the stems.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Re: Michibacy Grow Log 2012: Update: Plants are springing back to life

Plants are doing alright, the extreme cold and hot is really shocking the plants. (day before yesterday was 92, last night it got to 42...) It's all staying green though, I just have a feeling it'll catch up once we have high heat and humidity. (The white splotches on the plants are cotton wood seeds, don't worry!)

photo1vq.jpg (starting from front to back, Izmir Ozbas, and two okra plants (on the right) Havana 142, Yellow Twist Bud, Silk Leaf, Green brior, cucumbers and beans on the side, on the right hand side there is spinach. In the pots, Sweet peppers)

Green biror
photo2pqj.jpg
Not huge, but hey baccy is baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.