redneck grower
Founding Member
thats a nice pipe indeed,,,,

i'd be afraid to touch it,,,,, may get it dirty,

BigBonner

Founding Member
Jitterbugdude

Did you win the lottery ?

My first truck didn't cost much more than the pipe . I wouldn't want to get it dirty .

Deluxestogie
Would like one for Christmas , Im sure he would .

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That is a beautiful piece. What I find truly unusual is that they are using a comfortable, splayed plastic bit, that will clench comfortably in your teeth, and can be easily replaced by a pipe repair shop in the US.

Of the eight carved, tourist-quality meerschaums I picked up in Turkey (in 1983), every one used a hard resin bit shaped and colored like all the old genuine amber bits. While their bowls were (and some still are) lovely, none of the bits were suitable for clenching. I just have to hold it in my hand at all times. But then, they were about $5 each, including a fitted, leather covered, velvet lined case.

MeerschaumPipes20120521_184_300.jpg

Although I have never dropped one, over the decades I have broken two of them at the shank, by using a tamper without adequate support directly beneath the bowl.

May you enjoy yours for decades to come.

Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Jitterbugdude

Did you win the lottery ?

Actually, I had a few ounces of silver that I sold, so I treated myself
Bob, the stem is polyester and is very nice on the teeth. They have an upgrade stem for $20.00 but compared to my other Mears, I like the polyester. I also had them supply a second stem. It is fitted (molded) into the case. If I ever break the original stem I'll know just where its cousin is.

Status
Not open for further replies.