Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

no flavoring's. no additives,,,just straight baccy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive read many casing recipies,,,,,some odd,,some sensible,

me myself, i just like it raw,,,,,cured,,, possibly kilned, { tried both}..

the baccy itself gives me the flavour im seeking, to add something to it,,, i.m.o. would mess it up.

does anyone else think like this, or am i the only one, who enjoy's plain natural baccy, in my cigg's??:confused:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I love the taste of pure tobacco. I still find it pretty amazing how different tobacco's can taste so different from one another. I never case mine or add anything to change the taste. I don't even like blending. I like smoking single strain tobacco.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah I think the only flavoring needed is time. The oldest and best so far is BB's older barn cured stuff, absolutely delicious. I never tried kilning yet to speed up my own stuff tho. But older tastes so much better than casing I found.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
My all time absolute favorite is Black Sea Samsum-Maden. I smoke it in a pipe. I just absolutely love the flavor. I have sent some leaf to a few others and they have been much less enthusiastic about it then I am though. I also really like White Flower ( also in a pipe)

johnlee1933

Founding Member
ive read many casing recipies,,,,,some odd,,some sensible,

me myself, i just like it raw,,,,,cured,,, possibly kilned, { tried both}..

the baccy itself gives me the flavour im seeking, to add something to it,,, i.m.o. would mess it up.

does anyone else think like this, or am i the only one, who enjoy's plain natural baccy, in my cigg's??:confused:

I don't do cigs but like my cigars. I don't do flavorings either. Tobaccos have enough different flavors all by themselves. IMO flavorings are like Starbucks flavored coffees. They add flavors (and charge a premium) to disguise their use of lower quality product. It's a very profitable marketing strategy

John.

workhorse_01

For me it's that fire cured taste of hickory and oak in copenhagen. I've tried the natural but it doesnt have that amonia taste that gives it the kick. The natural kinda taste like worn out copenhagen.

leverhead

My wife likes flue cured with a little bit of Turkish, she calls the Turkish "yum". I like 4 parts of flue cured to 1 part Burly and a little bit of Turkish, all of it naked. I've been tempted to try some boiled Figs or prunes but I don't really have time right now.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
^^^^^

he,he,he, if you did prunes would that make you take a dump after each smoke,,,lol

Matty

I don't grow so I buy commercial cig tobacco in a can and mix 20-30% fire cured and sometimes a little burley, gotta have the fire cured in there though. Oh, and never flavored cigars.

indianjoe

Founding Member
I like the taste of straight havana (Lonnies) and straight silk leaf. I was surprised at the silk leaf, was not expecting such a good taste. FM's Va Bright Leaf is good straight as well.

Idonno

I love the taste of pure tobacco. I still find it pretty amazing how different tobacco's can taste so different from one another. I never case mine or add anything to change the taste. I don't even like blending. I like smoking single strain tobacco.
Those are my sentiments EXACTLY! To me adding any type of flavoring to tobacco is something you do to make nasty tobacco taste acceptable. There is just no flavoring that can compete with the taste of really good pure tobacco.:cool:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Those are my sentiments EXACTLY! To me adding any type of flavoring to tobacco is something you do to make nasty tobacco taste acceptable. There is just no flavoring that can compete with the taste of really good pure tobacco.:cool:
Welcome Idonno. It's a good forum. You'll have fun and learn a lot here.

I really like your signature line. I add only amen !

John

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member

i couldnt agree,,, more,

and i like the sig also,,,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.