Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

kiln idea using 55 gallon plastic drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
1319593372_91252905_1-Plastic-Metal-55-Gallon-Drums-Barrels-Mandarin.jpg

i have acess to a lot of these barrels,,,iodine,,,acid,,,,,soap,,,e,t,c, comes in them,, im sure they are lined being they are for commercial use,,,

im thinking> mount one or more on a frame,,, that holds the barrel parrell to the ground,,, with leaves in them,,, and a daily rotation,,,

perhaps a misting every so often....

you think this would cure it,?

or turn it into compost...

question sprung up, from a discussion in WORKHORsE'S GROW JOURNAL<:confused:

jeapadrenaline

Sure wish i could easly get a dozen of those, as i need to truck in all the water for my baccy and garden. Well, i have one so far lol.
Using it for a kiln might be an idea instead of old freezer. Just make a door for it, and wrap the barrel in insulation. I could see it done i think.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
but im thinking of putting the cured baccy in there to '' finish'' { colour cured}

i may do some redneck stuff, and make 5 barrels, lined up, with hoses going to each,

delivering heat and humidity,,,,,from lamps, and a crockpot,,, from a different source mounted below, all of the barrels,

one hose would split into 5 seperate hoses,,,, coming from a isolated ''box'' supplying heat and humidity,,,

hold your hand out,,,,,

the fingers being the barrels,,, with hanging baccy,,,

and your wrist being the heat lamp, and crock-pot,,,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the more i think about this,,, the more i belive it may be fuctional...

now if only i can come up with a good idea for a shredder,,,,,{ and i have ideas floating there also,,,}

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
You may need to change your name to FEILDMULE to avoid confusion.;)

i lol'd....

as i type this my buddy is cleaning some big-gem,,,,{ i share baccy with him,,it's his house the 2'nd plot is going}

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
lol... my typing skills are at question here,,,,

and yes i suck at it,,,{ now get that spotlight outta my face } i answered the question,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
^^^^

nice to see that little green dot beside your name<!!!!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
THINK ABOUT THE CONCEPT IM INTRODUCING HERE,,,,,

i think it would work, as long as each barrel was air tight,,,

Daniel

Banned
And it's workhorse not workhores LOLOLOLOL

Well now, I know that it is a fine line and that Personally am sure I cross it frequently. It all depends on just how well I am being paid as to which one I feel I am. Paying nearly $2000 to work as ahrd as I am on tobacco this year. Now that is not only a slut but it is a very cheap one at that. Smutty can be fun though.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im really liking the idea i have here,,,

i need dkh2,,or d-stoogie, to contiplate it, and tell me what they think>>

Daniel

Banned
Chicken, What you are describing is the same thing that is available as a composter. As I understand it with green grass clippings and other green plant material these composters are claimed to go from loading to compost in days. Now that may just be sales hype and wishful thinking. I did read up a bit on composting this year and found that using mostly still green material is how they get compost made very fast though. I also know they toss grass clippings in dumpsters at work and they are foul in a matter of hours if not minutes even.

At any rate you are probably not going to want to put green leaf in a barrel. cured browned leaf might be another story entirely. The decomposition in that case may be much slower and preventable

Status
Not open for further replies.