Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the seller just contacted me, and said he had better and a lot of them,,,,,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
perhaps all of us need to get one,, he said he had about 30 of them,,, differnt ones but based on the same design

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i seen one, there, had a 150$ price on it,

not the same seller, but a machine that looked similiar,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i just got his e-mail addy,,,and mentioned some people may be intrested in purchasing some of his merchandise,

waiting on his reply, to see if it's o.k. to pass on his e -mail addy

this is good very good for all of us baccy growers,

jeapadrenaline

I have read a lot of reviews on these, and most are negative due to it making more of a flake cut to use in pipes, not very suitable for rolling cigarettes. Bur if one could get it cheap enough off of ebay, it be worth a try.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken,
I'm afraid that's a sausage stuffer. You feed all the length of the casing on the large round spout at the bottom, then tie the first knot at the end. When the crank is turned, two worm gears inside force the already ground sausage (fed into the funnel) out into the casing. A hand keeps the casing tight on the spout, letting out just enough to fill current sausage, then you twist the casing a few turns, and continue making the next sausage.

Bob

EDIT: Here's a link that shows the internal worm gears. These obviously won't shred your tobacco.
http://forsale.oodle.com/view/sausage-stuffer-pat-1859/2980761383-spring-valley-wi/

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
The seller is confused. There is a very similar looking item that "is" a tobacco shredder. I own one and what can I say?...for historical purposes it's cool but for grinding/shredding tobacco it sucks

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
he did mention,

that he had many different models,,,

he stated that the one i may want spits the baccy out the bottom,,,,

he's going to send me a bunch of pictures of the ones he has,,,, { proablly sometime this week he stated he has a couple doctor appt's, this week}

so i guess we will see what he has to offer,???

BarG

Founding Member
They might be ok for pipe tobacco, It mahes more of a flake than a shred and has seen its better days. I bought one last year and was dissapointed. I paid about $40.00. I sharpended the thin cutters ok but the larger toothed cutters are hard to sharpen . A good conversation piece. You want mine:cool:
100_2037.jpg100_2038.jpg100_2039.jpg

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
^^^^

thats actually wht im looking at to buy,

you think a pasta shredder would be better,?

BarG

Founding Member
I think the higher end pasta shredder with a good moter and gears would work better than one of those hand crank models that are old and worn out, [even refurbished and sharpened tolerances would be different from new]. When it was new it probably worked fine. If the tobacco is too high case it doesn't shred well and mediumor light case it gives more of a flake. plus when it starts getting stuffed it gets harder to crank and needs to be screwed down.

Brown Thumb

Who has a higher end pasta shredder. I just stripped the gears on my second cheap machine.
Don has to put a disclaimer on his leaf. Do Not Use cheap pasta machine !!

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Who has a higher end pasta shredder. I just stripped the gears on my second cheap machine.
Don has to put a disclaimer on his leaf. Do Not Use cheap pasta machine !!

As far as I know they all have cheap gears on the ends of the rollers. At least the 4 that I have do. I also have a Kitchen Aid Angel Hair attachment that is fantastic but I broke the first one I had by forcing Perique through it. It is well built except it has a plastic sleeve in it that snaps when you force it. By far, the very best shredder I have is a TECK 1. It is manual crank but could easily be converted to a motorized version. I think there is one on Ebay now.

Steve2md

that cutter looks like it would be perfect for pressed bricks if you make them the right size. hmmmm.....ideas for the meat cleaver version to get a cavendish cut for pipes.....also, if you put a stop on it, it could be a fairly nice tuck cutter for cigars.......

Status
Not open for further replies.