Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Starting fluid and tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Two weeks ago I planted my tobacco. I planted about 115 plants. The leftovers I temporarily put in my barn. While in the barn I took up one of my hobbies. This time of year Carpenter Bees love to drill holes into the rafters and I love to shoot and kill them with starting fluid! Now you may wonder why I don't use bug spray. I wonder myself, starting fluid is always handy and it's fun. Anyway, while playing this game I accidentally shot a good burst of starting fluid onto about 6 of my transplants. It was a hefty enough of a dose that it should have killed them. Well, its been two weeks and they are perfectly fine. Resilient little buggers! I've just planted them outside.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I prefer a badminton racket for eliminating those things. If you want to be really sporting about it, use a 3' piece of wood lath...it's a lot easier than you might think.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the mean carpenters bees we have here, would have inhaled that spray......and shot fire back at ya<lol

Ishi

Was going to try some new reloads of cast in the 6.5 tonight, saw some mud on the end of the rifle. Ran a cleaning rod down it and to had 3 wasp (?) larva in it. It would of made for a bad day if I had not run a dry patch and found that it was plugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.