Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

let's see your veggie garden {pics}

Status
Not open for further replies.

tullius

Garden20200811_5354_cukes_3days_600a.jpg

It's been all of 3 days since I had any cukes of a size to harvest. I'm lazy. Now...what to do with them,

Bob
Those are perfect pickling size. Maybe you're bored with that now. They won't be boring on a burger in January though.

plantdude

It's too late! I've already made another quart of pickles tonight. Ran out of distilled water, and running low on cheese salt/kosher salt/pickling salt. With some of the leftover brine, I may simmer some sliced cukes, with Chinese seasonings. Maybe.

Bob
Might as well pick up some Greek yogurt when you run to the store;)

GreenDragon

High summer is here in central Texas and the veggie garden is done. The high temps caused our last three cantaloupes to ripen from green to yellow in just over a day! Had to harvest them before the 'loupe eating dog got them.

Did I mention my AC went out Monday and I'm still waiting on parts?

IMG_1269.jpg

Temps.PNG

Knucklehead

Founding Member
High summer is here in central Texas and the veggie garden is done. The high temps caused our last three cantaloupes to ripen from green to yellow in just over a day! Had to harvest them before the 'loupe eating dog got them.

Did I mention my AC went out Monday and I'm still waiting on parts?

View attachment 32397

View attachment 32398

Me too. I’m sitting here waiting on the A/C guy to bring a fan motor. He replaced the capacitor day before yesterday and it ran a few hours and conked out again. Our thinking is that the capacitor has been degrading for awhile and put a strain on the motor. Noticed yesterday the motor and fan was turning backwards. Fingers crossed.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The first indication that there might be something wrong
Maybe the setting of records for high temp multiple days in a row might be an indication of something wrong. We're setting records here as well. (This summer, I have no pears, no apples, no black walnuts, and have yet to harvest a ripe tomato or eggplant.)

Bob

Oldfella

Maybe the setting of records for high temp multiple days in a row might be an indication of something wrong. We're setting records here as well. (This summer, I have no pears, no apples, no black walnuts, and have yet to harvest a ripe tomato or eggplant.)

Bob
Our last summer was drought conditions here in NZ. ACs where having fits all over the place. I'm OK though I can leave two ranch slider doors open 24-7 if it gets too hot. Good luck with your repairs hope you get them sorted soon.
Oldfella

Moth

Past week and a half has been 31 to 36c (90 to 96f) and humidity in the 80%.
Night time has been lucky to drop below 22c/76f, with dead, still air.
Still working from home in a small room.

English houses do not have aircon.

The only happy things are the plants. Pulled these today.

20200813_180934.jpg

GreenDragon

Yep, I'm in the purple area. Called the AC guy to check on my ticket. Covid-19 is doing it's dirty work in the AC manufacturing industry; it's taking up to a week to get parts. I hung up the phone and went to Home Depot and bought a window shaker. At least my bedroom will be cool tonight.

hot.jpg melt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.