Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

bking246

New here; have been interested in growing my own tabacco for some time now. Joined in hopes of tips from all

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
where in fla. are you,,,???it's a big state.

florida has some of the best growing climates around,

my grow this year amazes me at how big it is,

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, bking246.

If you haven't yet started, you may want to purchase some ready-to-plant starts from BigBonner (a member here). Just send him a PM for info. Of course, you are far enough south to start seed now, and still get in a crop.

Bob

bking246

Welcome to the forum, bking246.

If you haven't yet started, you may want to purchase some ready-to-plant starts from BigBonner (a member here). Just send him a PM for info. Of course, you are far enough south to start seed now, and still get in a crop.

Bob
I had planned on starting from seed, i enjoy my plants much more knowing that i grew them from start to finish. Thanks for the suggestion tho ;)

workhorse_01

Welcome abord ,I would advise you to get some starts from Bigbonner along with your own seeds. I did and It was a smart choice as i now have six varieties . If your own seeds dont start well BB's will bring you through and they are nice.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome abord ,I would advise you to get some starts from Bigbonner along with your own seeds. I did and It was a smart choice as i now have six varieties . If your own seeds dont start well BB's will bring you through and they are nice.

Me too. I did and I'm glad I did. My seed starts this year sucked.

John

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For me, FL Sumatra was most consistent in producing excellent wrapper. For binder, Comstock Spanish is sturdy, and provides the durability needed, along with excellent flavor. For filler, any of the numbered Havanas, Little Dutch, PA Red, WI Seedleaf, Maryland (fairly mild), and even burley. I would suggest at least 3 varieties. The varieties, along with differing stalk positions, will offer a range of blending opportunities.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Me too. I did and I'm glad I did. My seed starts this year sucked.

John

Welcome Bking246, My seed starting sucked this year too, I got enough plants from Bonner for a years supply in case Mine didn't pull through. I'm glad I did because of his selection I also have six varietys I wanted and would't have had. Some of his seedlings are over 2 1/2' tall already and touching each other at a 2' spacing.

BarG

Founding Member
For me, FL Sumatra was most consistent in producing excellent wrapper. For binder, Comstock Spanish is sturdy, and provides the durability needed, along with excellent flavor. For filler, any of the numbered Havanas, Little Dutch, PA Red, WI Seedleaf, Maryland (fairly mild), and even burley. I would suggest at least 3 varieties. The varieties, along with differing stalk positions, will offer a range of blending opportunities.

Bob
Bob, The Fl. sumatra ,Pa red, Ct. broadleaf,have all gotten a good start in my grow this year. Tom in tennesee thanks for all the havana 425 , and 2 of the toughest To date; YTB and Golden wilt. Special thanks also to Jitterbugdudude for the Huehuetenago, Guatemalen[nursing every plant] and silver river. Chicken for the big gem, BigBonner for the kick ass Bursa and Ottoman + seedlings. And maybe my MCX can get a name[Although I believe without doubt it will be either forever mcx or mcy] Thanks also to the FTT seed bank because I lost 3 of my favored varietys by putting all my seeds in one pot and fu..ing it up. All in all This is probably the most helpful place you could be to grow tobacco at your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.