Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

sup from ny

Status
Not open for further replies.

driftinmark

been rolling my own for about a year, now im thinking of growing especially after tasting some great oriental, mmmm.....I never knew what i was missing all these years!!!

driftinmark

hi thanks for the welcome!!!!
actually it was d and r ramback, and then the ramback balkan......excellent stuff........some of it , not every stick mind you , but some of it had a cologne type of flavor, thats as best as I can describe it........I have also had their perique and american sprits perique, tasty stuff, my hopes are I can produce a close if not better smoke for myself....

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
prices are so high in new york,, im surprised a lot of people aint growing thier own,

but havent they banned smoking there,?

you'll have to sneak down a alley, to grab a smoke,

driftinmark

actually im in western ny, not the big apple, but its still tough here, prices for a pack are over 10 bucks in many areas.......thats what made me try rolling my own in the first place........and a funny thing happened, I like the flavor a lot better than the premades....

I was smoking some stuff called Kentucky select organic, great smoke made by Sun Butler, but then I got into the D and R type blends and I find there is a lot more to tobacco than just smoking a cigarette mindlessly.......there is a lot more invloved!!!

so on my journey I came across a site called "how to grow tobacco" which led me here...started reading and now imma try to grow my own next year!!

thanks for the welcome
Mark

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Driftinmark,
It's not too late. You can grow this season, if you purchase some transplants from BigBonner (a member of this forum). If you are interested, send a PM to BigBonner for info.

Bob

driftinmark

thanks for the reply Bob.... actually you are the one that got me interested in this site , I read a post over on how to go tobacco that you made, about the different oriental plants and how they got their names, and to say the least, it was prolly one of the most informed post on that region that I have read so far on names and strains of oriental tobacco!!!

I am not even prepared to grow this year, I have been thinking on where to put the plants , either in the yard of maybe a raised garden type of thing, still working it out, but it is something I am going to do next year for sure, but first research , research, research, lol......right now I am smoking a mix of 3 sails, which is a flue cured , a close flavor to the famed 3 castles, mixed with pennhooker, another flue cured virginia , aslo a close match to the old player blend from canada......topped of with ramback and ramback balkan, which contains some yenidge and sun cured virginia, mmmm, very tasty........

I am not into the burleys that much in this stage of the game, but man when that oriental hits the nose on the exahale, wow, well, never had it so good smoking, lol
I realize you guys prolly dont know the d and r line that good, but its premium stuff, and I hope its not just the toppings that i taste.....

Im am sure I am going to order some leaf from one of the members here soon, just to see if i can top it a little bit....I have been experimenting with menthol from seedman for the girlfriend, but the additive he sells really isnt to good as far as i am concerned........

hopefully i can add to this site with some of the stuff I know, or I can find stuff on the internet, is it ok to paste links if i find something that pertains to the subjects here?

anyway, Im glad I am here and posting!!!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.