Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

forgive ME FOR I HAVE '' SINNED''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
hornworms, have had a good meal, yet i have b.t. poision for them but have been gone a lot lately, well today i went and did a look at the patch,

and pulled many small worm's.. and one big one,

i have 3 gallons of thuricide mixed up, and as soon as i post this, im putting on my head-light, and doing some spraying,

i like my new job, of delivering fertilizer, but i get home in the dark. im gonna teach the family how to help, me take care of the crop,

YOU DONT WANT TO SEE PIC'S OF MY GROW RIGHT NOW, IT IS MASSIVE, I FELT LIKE I WAS WALKING THRU, OREGON, FERN TREES,.:)

well. im gonna have a glass of tea, and go kill some worms,

tomorrow, i have the day off,,, we bag some seed-heads tomorrow,:cool:

indianjoe

Founding Member
I know what you mean Chicken, I looked the other way since we had 7" of rain and hornworms everywhere.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I know what you mean Chicken, I looked the other way since we had 7" of rain and hornworms everywhere.

Send some rain to me . It hasn't rained here since I started setting tobacco . My crop is looking bad . Crops that were set before mine and recieved good rains are in great shape but need rain .

Chicken , Make sure those chicks don't get a hold of a tainted worm .

BarG

Founding Member
I set my big shop fan pointed northeast on full blast Bonner, Maybe give that system that gave me 4-6" yesterday a push your way.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Send some rain to me . It hasn't rained here since I started setting tobacco . My crop is looking bad . Crops that were set before mine and recieved good rains are in great shape but need rain .

Chicken , Make sure those chicks don't get a hold of a tainted worm .

well i guess i sinned twice,

i didnt even think about giving the chickens those worms,, i killed them immediatlly,

if my bird's find this out, im a dead human<

///////////////////////////

im gonna get some pic's of my grow today......you'll have to keep a eye out for my journal, later today,

Daniel

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOO! As I throw myself to the ground and weep. Alright I guess a few worms getting a taste is not the end of the world. So much for the elusive perfect tobacco crop though. Hang those worms in your kiln and see how they smoke. If it works you really don't have to count it as a loss.

wazzappenning

ive never raised chickens, so dont know how messy my suggestion is. leave the chickens in the baccy garden for n hour a day, so they clean up the worms for you. im guessing theyll make a mess too though, and if they start picking at the leaves, you get more holes, and the leaves are probably bad for them.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive never raised chickens, so dont know how messy my suggestion is. leave the chickens in the baccy garden for n hour a day, so they clean up the worms for you. im guessing theyll make a mess too though, and if they start picking at the leaves, you get more holes, and the leaves are probably bad for them.

oh my birds roam free, in the baccy patch

>
4477006.jpg

By chickenhawk434 at 2012-05-12

the plants were young then, but so were the chickens,

Bika

How long did you keep the chickens around? Did it realy work? Also what kind of matt did you put on the ground?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
How long did you keep the chickens around? Did it realy work? Also what kind of matt did you put on the ground?

the chickens will eat anything thats on the ground,

and the mat is a phorous material they use in road construction, water goes right thru it, and going on year2 of using the same mat, it doesnt seem to rotted any,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
the mat is a porous material they use in road construction, water goes right thru it, and going on year2 of using the same mat, it doesnt seem to rotted any,
I used the standard agricultural stuff and one year is it. Where would I try to get the road construction type stuff? -·-

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I used the standard agricultural stuff and one year is it. Where would I try to get the road construction type stuff? -·-

i really dont have a clue, i dont even know what this stuff was used for,

it had been throwed in the trash pile, and after looking at it, i had a ingenious idea for it, garden matting,

i got a roll of it,, hundreds of feet on that roll.

it hasnt showed any signs of deterriation, it's the same today as it was when i aqquired it,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
i really dont have a clue, i dont even know what this stuff was used for,

it had been throwed in the trash pile, and after looking at it, i had a ingenious idea for it, garden matting,

i got a roll of it,, hundreds of feet on that roll.

it hasnt showed any signs of deterriation, it's the same today as it was when i aqquired it,
Thanks. That is always the best way to get stuff. I'll check around and see if I can get it and if so if it's cost effective. The stuff I used was cheap. -·-

Boboro

Its the newspaper under oak leaves for me again. Its takes a lot of time and you cant do it if the winds blowin. It got to hot last spring and I didnt get all the paper down so I had more grass than I like. Hope for a cooler spring this year.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i still have a crap load of this stuff, i even used it to make a '' makeshift'' fence around my plot,

1 roll will go a long way 4-sure,

Status
Not open for further replies.