Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New from California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Fingers Ph.D.

Hello all, 23 here.

Me and my friends are looking to starting growing in his backyard.

Preferably something you can make into dip! I was pointed here from another forum.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Green Fingers. Are you from northern or southern California? If you go to My Profile (in the upper right) you can enter your location in your profile, and it will appear in all your posts.

For most temperate areas of the US, it's pretty late to start seed. (It requires 4 to 8 weeks between starting the seed and transplanting out to the garden.) If your zone is sub-tropical, then you could still start seed for this year. Another possibility is to order transplants from BigBonner (a member of this forum), and have them in the ground by next week.

Be sure to look over the Tobacco Growing FAQ, for many of the basics. You can use any variety to make snuff or dip. Traditionally, the dark-air-cured varieties [e.g. Little Yellow, One-sucker] and dark-fire-cured [e.g. Greenleaf, Madole] were used for snuff and chew.

How many plants are you considering?

Bob

Green Fingers Ph.D.

Welcome to the forum, Green Fingers. Are you from northern or southern California? If you go to My Profile (in the upper right) you can enter your location in your profile, and it will appear in all your posts.

For most temperate areas of the US, it's pretty late to start seed. (It requires 4 to 8 weeks between starting the seed and transplanting out to the garden.) If your zone is sub-tropical, then you could still start seed for this year. Another possibility is to order transplants from BigBonner (a member of this forum), and have them in the ground by next week.

Be sure to look over the Tobacco Growing FAQ, for many of the basics. You can use any variety to make snuff or dip. Traditionally, the dark-air-cured varieties [e.g. Little Yellow, One-sucker] and dark-fire-cured [e.g. Greenleaf, Madole] were used for snuff and chew.

How many plants are you considering?

Bob

Northern. In Sacramento.

I have been reading the FAQ through and through, with the way the weather has been the past ~2 years, we wont have frost till MAYBE mid December. haha

Me and my friend figure we have room for about 4 plants. Basically we would like to experiment with it and with a very very small crop to start. Better to have a small mess than a big one! How much does BigBonner charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.