Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
very nice indeed,

he didnt buy many cigars did he,,,lol

nice looking stoggies for sure,

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
20 years ago I would have been really amazed. I would have been thinking.."wow, look at all those Cuban cigars". Now, after growing my own I kinda feel sorry for Tempbond.

BarG

Founding Member
That site gives me an idea to roll some cigars for my road trip today that will fit into one of those american spirit flip top cigarette tins, I don't want to whip out my tobacco pouch at the wedding I'll be attending..:cool:

BarG

Founding Member
The one I use now is made from tanned deer hide and is a couple years old. It can get pretty grungy looking from carrying every day at work. It washes easy enough though with dish soap and water. I'm making a new one soon but it will be a double thickness with an old pouch of bugler foil sandwiched between the layers. I may play with trying to dye the outer layer. On real dry days the tobacco can dry out to fast. Instead of trying to start a new fad I'll enjoy the luxery of having a few pre-rolled, A rare occurence for me.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im positive, that most of our cigar enthusiast,,, using thier custom bleneded, baccy's,

cou;ld make a cigar better ,than one bought at a store,

SmokeStack

I was at the local smoke shop yesterday and I saw cigars selling for over $20 each! I considered buying one just to see what all the fuss was about. But I refrained considering that I can buy a pound or two of high quality tobacco from WholeLeafTobacco.com or Bigbonner and roll my own. I spent a lot of bread on a cigar rolling kit including the molds. It was worth it. The best thing about rolling you own cigars is that you get to mix and match all different kinds of tobacco - the possibilities seem endless.

Matty

Yeah, I've seen some "overpriced" cigars here and there as well. If I rememmber right there's some $60 cohibas (!?!) at the local tobacconist. I do however splurge once and awhile on a $10-15 storebought stick even though I can roll my own, they're just not as pretty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.