Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Double Headed Tobacco Plant !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

HPIM2147.JPGHPIM2146.JPGHPIM2145.JPGHPIM2144.JPGHPIM2143.JPGIs It just a bunch of suckers that went Nutso.
Comes out of one root they are almost the same size.
I checked the root and it is only one plant.
Is it Common?

Brown Thumb

Bummer, I thougth I could make millions Selling the seeds:D

jeapadrenaline

Each and every one of my aztec rustica looks like that. But on the azyc i was told not to bother topping or suckering, as they will just go nuts and a person wont be able to keep up. They are also my best looking plants so far. My first year and nothing but complications. Been raining for over a month now basically non stop and my first germination wasnt good and so on and on. Be lucky if i get half my plants harvested before frost. My luck it be an early frost too.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The plant probably suffered damage to the terminal bud. let the new stalks grow until you can see which one is dominant, then remove the smaller one(s). Hopefully it won't continue to send out suckers, but if it does, remove them before they get too big.

If it's a rustica variety, I wouldn't remove any suckers or in this case "stalks".

BarG

Founding Member
The plant probably suffered damage to the terminal bud. let the new stalks grow until you can see which one is dominant, then remove the smaller one(s). Hopefully it won't continue to send out suckers, but if it does, remove them before they get too big.

If it's a rustica variety, I wouldn't remove any suckers or in this case "stalks".
I hope the real solutions don't get lost here.

I had a favored plant get snapped at the root ball a week ago and promptly put it in a planting cup and shade and It s still standing up? go figurue.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I had a favored plant get snapped at the root ball a week ago and promptly put it in a planting cup and shade and It s still standing up? go figurue.

Bury the plant up to it's terminal bud and give it a drink of water. If you have some rooting hormone, dip the broken end in it and it will likely grow new roots. If you still have the root ball, give it a drink of water and it will likely grow several new stalks. Pick out the best one and cut off the rest.

Brown Thumb

HPIM2148.JPGHPIM2113.JPGHPIM2114.JPG
Who manages your grow area and did your planting brown thumb. Did you do that or have help . You posted an earliar pic of a large grow area. I'm trying to find the post but it was something that required a certain amount of knowledge and dedication. Could you please post an update.
Ok, I am full of Chit, Wrong
I have no time for weeding ect, I have a full time job, self employed. 3 Kids, a wife and two other gardens on my land. Drama, lots of it two Daughters. 8 and 9 and a boy that now thinks he is the man of the house.
And you want to give me more DRAMA.
Here is the crop , Taken care of by ME!! Two Patches. Pics are a month old.
Now Get of of my Hair. You want more pics come get them yourself.
Tom

Santa Claus

Chief Elf
These plants look nothing like the post for your 4th of july patch posted. under Bonners july 4TH independence day post. Are you scamming us. because your new pics are not matching your old pics. If I'm wrong I probably won't apolagize.

Ok, I am full of Chit, Wrong
I have no time for weeding ect, I have a full time job, self employed. 3 Kids, a wife and two other gardens on my land. Drama, lots of it two Daughters. 8 and 9 and a boy that now thinks he is the man of the house.
And you want to give me more DRAMA.
Here is the crop , Taken care of by ME!! Two Patches. Pics are a month old.
Now Get of of my Hair. You want more pics come get them yourself.
Tom

Just because it's the middle of June doesn't mean I stop keeping notes on who's naughty and nice.

Brown Thumb

:p
Brown Thumb, I apologize to you. Did not mean to cause any excess drama, But man you have a shitty attitude sometimes.:rolleyes: You evidently are no scammer. Enjoy the forum and If you behave so will I.
Oh you want to make amends,
Well, weed the crop for the rest of the year:p

Brown Thumb

:confused:Good Night all, Sweet Dreams, Includes you BerG. Santa is watching.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Back to the double stalk .

Like Fmgrowit said the bud was damages . I see this in burley every now and again . When we cultivate with a tractor a clod of dirt or the plow may break or cover the bud .

Burley will grow two stalk the same size as the single stalks will . The only difference will be the leaf size . They will be slightly smaller . For burley or orientals this would be no problem . For cigars it would produce a smaller leaf .

BarG

Founding Member
Back to the double stalk .

Like Fmgrowit said the bud was damages . I see this in burley every now and again . When we cultivate with a tractor a clod of dirt or the plow may break or cover the bud .

Burley will grow two stalk the same size as the single stalks will . The only difference will be the leaf size . They will be slightly smaller . For burley or orientals this would be no problem . For cigars it would produce a smaller leaf .

Thanks for getting things back on track.

BarG

Founding Member
Bury the plant up to it's terminal bud and give it a drink of water. If you have some rooting hormone, dip the broken end in it and it will likely grow new roots. If you still have the root ball, give it a drink of water and it will likely grow several new stalks. Pick out the best one and cut off the rest.

I had no idea how hardy these plants were. I believe the root ball got tossed, it is one of my guatemalens of which I have very few. I honestly think this plant will survive after being snapped off at essentialy ground level.

jeapadrenaline

I had a 12 inch bright leaf break off at ground level. Tossed root ball too lol but stuck the top in a glass of water, cut back the leaves except top two, 2 days later it had first new roots showing. Changed water to a 50% fert. Solutio and after 7 days lots of roots, longest about 5 inches. So i planted it deep into a new pot. Doing great.

Brown Thumb

Thanks for getting things back on track.
DID I, take if off the track?
Well I pulled the side off that I thought was the smallest but it is the biggest.
Oops, She is not looking Good.
We will see what happens.
Sometimes dumb questions are good questions for first time growers.
Thanks All for the Replys.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.