• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

aging rollups outside a humidor

ras_oscar

I envision a time in the future when I may wish to roll a goodly supply of a particular blend for long term aging ( a wheel for a year, for instance) I don't want to give up humidor space on something I don't plan to touch for a while. How can I wrap up a block of sticks for long term storage without risking drying out or compromising the aging process by limiting access to oxygen?The environment in my home is as follows:Summer 70F, 605 RHWinter 60F, 45RH

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I put mine in a small plastic, air tight box. You wouldn't want to put them in a humidor. The humidity is too high and your rollups would go limp.

Smokin Harley

tupperware if you want to go cheap as possible.
I acquired a wine cooler (unplugged) and I have kept my bulk leaf and cigars in it for nearly 6 months without a fluxuation .It stays in the house which is 70* give or take 3 degrees ,but the humidity ,once leveled off at 70% stays that way nearly maintenance-free. I keep a digital Xicar temp/humidity in view with a Xicar mini fan to move the air gently. Does an excellent job .