Staff member
Blend Your Own Pipe Tobacco: 52 recipes with 52 color labels
written by your very own deluxestogie

BlendYourOwn_FRONTcover_final_400.jpg

front cover

BlendYourOwn_BACKcover_final_400.jpg

back cover

Download link below.

This new, 46 page, 8.5" X 11" full-color book is available for you to download for FREE from this page. As a convenience, it is also available to you as a perfect-bound, printed 8.5" X 11" paperback from Lulu.com, at a 50% discount. I've released it under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, so you may copy, distribute and/or modify any of the content, under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), version 4.0 or later.

Whether you grow your own tobacco, purchase whole leaf, or purchase commercial blending ingredients, you can make truly great, all natural pipe tobacco blends.

What's in the book?
  • Tobaccos and Terminology
  • 52 Unique Blend Recipes
  • Eliminating Tongue Bite
  • Pressing Plug or Crumble Cake
  • How to Make Cavendish in Your Kitchen
  • How to Make Small-batch Perique
  • Shredding, Blending and Storage
  • 52 full-color pipe blend labels you can copy or cut out
  • 2 Bonus Blends with 2 color labels
Printed Product Details
ISBN: 9780976155966
Copyright: 2019 by Dreamsplice (Creative Commons CC-BY )
Edition: First Edition
Publisher: Dreamsplice
Published: January 1, 2019
Language: English
Pages: 46
Binding: Perfect-bound Paperback
Interior Ink: Full color
Weight: 0.56 lbs.
Dimensions: 8.5" wide x 11" tall

Garden20190112_4118_Bob_pipeBook_500.jpg

Though a relatively small number of pages, the pdf download is rather huge (157 MB), because of its large number of high-resolution images. (Printed images require a minimum of 4 or 5 times the resolution--300 dpi-- when compared to a Web image--72 dpi, in order to print without pixelation.)

Again, you are welcome to download it, post or share copies of if, copy and print the images, and feel guilt-free in doing so. [With 50% off, you may come out ahead by buying the printed book for, if nothing more, cutting out the printed blend labels from its 80# paper pages, rather than paying a copy shop to scan and print them.]

Download the FREE pdf version (157 MB)

[Download the FREE pdf version in Swedish translation (added JAN 2021)]

Purchase the printed 8.5" X 11" color paperback from Lulu.com at 50% OFF.

If you do purchase the printed copy, please assist other potential buyers (and do a favor for me) by going back to lulu.com after you have examined the book. (you can click the same link as above) Write a candid and honest review. I can take a lickin'.

Bob

Last edited:

ciennepi

I'm amazed from your passion and costancy to write the book with all yours blend. And also from your godness to offer a free download. Good luck for your book and for your life Bob.

Reactions: Ted

CobGuy

Wow, Bob! That's really neat that you put it all together like that!!
How long has this been in the works?

~Darin

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
As I was creating color labels for each of my blends, during the late fall, I decided to assemble them into a book. Even a brief book for which the content already has been created, it is always a significant project of layout, editing, proof reading, proof reading, proof reading, developing the required high-resolution versions of all the images, getting the pagination to display correctly, assembling a table of contents with the correct page numbers, and then jumping through the hoops of assigning an ISBN, notifying the Library of Congress, determining copyright terms, etc. So the "finished" book required about 100 hours of additional tedium.

Bob

CobGuy

While browsing the Lulu site, I noticed you have another book available that sounds really interesting … certainly in my wheelhouse.
Congrats on everything coming together and thank you for sharing it with us!

~Darin

MarcL

Nice Bob! Thank you for the free software Bob. I do like some hardware. I'm in... order in 

Charly

Great job !
Congratulations, and of course : THANK YOU !

I've just begun reading it, it is great, you managed to sum up a lot of informations and made them easily understandable ! It's a must have for anyone who is interested in tobacco blending !

Thanks again Bob. (y)

P.S. I noticed too that there was another book on your page on lulu.com ! Do you keep other secrets ? ;)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed too that there was another book on your page on lulu.com
Lulu can't keep its mouth shut. I have been writing for decades. In addition to fatally boring subjects (photolysis of ketene, binary search algorithms, etc.), I write historical-fiction, science-fiction and fantasy. And of course, I write tobacco.

I have two high-fantasy novels in print, and available on lulu.com and elsewhere.
Counterspell: Guardian of the Ruins (2nd edition), co-authored with my son.
Ternaria: Legacy of a Careless Age

Bob

Charly

Lulu can't keep its mouth shut. I have been writing for decades. In addition to fatally boring subjects (photolysis of ketene, binary search algorithms, etc.), I write historical-fiction, science-fiction and fantasy. And of course, I write tobacco.

I have two high-fantasy novels in print, and available on lulu.com and elsewhere.
Counterspell: Guardian of the Ruins (2nd edition), co-authored with my son.
Ternaria: Legacy of a Careless Age

Bob
Impressive !

It must be really wonderful to write a book with your own son ! You gave him your passion for writing. I envy you !
Congratulations to both of you (y)

Legacy1

Thank you Bob! I really enjoyed the section on making Perique. You are a truly a very gifted man. I’m humbled by your generosity and knowledge.

GreenDragon

Downloaded a copy today and ordered a HC for my library. Thank you for assembling this book - it takes a lot of time, energy, and skill to compile a book that is data dense and simultaneously easy to read and understand.