• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Casing Idea - Sprite

garryr

I never have liked sprite, but I did use coca-cola, on a can of tobacco I had, the tobacco was grown in a pueblo near here, not sure what kind of tobacco, but any way it had dried out to much, couldn't really roll a decent cigarette,as it would crumple up to much, then fall out of the paper, just dust,..so I poured in a little coca-cola, put the top on the can, shook it up real good, kept it sealed, well later when I was ready to roll another, it was a little bit to wet, so I poured the tobacco out, onto a piece of paper, and left it in the sun, for about 10-15 minuets, once it had dried out enough to roll, I made my cigarette, it was great, better flavor then originally and burned quite nicely. The rest I put back in my "tin", and the lid on, to keep it from drying out more,..it worked nice, on that tobacco, however I tried the same on another type of tobacco, and it did not taste very well, it burned ok, but the flavor was nasty. I found, that the other type of tobacco, just using a orange peel, placed in the can,with the tobacco, sealed, over night, moistened the tobacco,and gave it a excellent flavor. Conclusion, sprite, might taste just fine,and even improve one kind of tobacco, but might not have the same effect of another,..Dr. pepper, the same, I like doctor pepper, I do bet it would work well on some types of tobacco.
Try it on a small "plug" or amount, if you like it great, if not ,well that way you don't waste to much tobacco,..or sprite,..
ahh, on the lemon, or lime, I tried Lime peels, because I had no oranges, and lots of limes, but it did not work out well, at least to my taste, it gave the tobacco a very bitter taste, and burn my throat.
DO NOT try to use hot sauce, or chili , green peppers, or such,...well for the daring give it a try, but I promise, it will make you gag and cough,choke, it is terrible,..burning chili is the nastiest smoke I have ever experienced, some how some did get into some tobacco I had, I know it was chili, because it was the same as when my wife is roasting chili peppers, sometimes they start burning a little, and the smoke makes me choke the same,...hurts your eyes too.
That is at least for smoking, now, some of the people here do like,chewing tobacco, with chile added, or a "hot pepper" flavor, they even have candies that are "chili" flavored,.. personally I think they taste terrible though.

CT Tobaccoman

I never have liked sprite, but I did use coca-cola, on a can of tobacco I had, the tobacco was grown in a pueblo near here, not sure what kind of tobacco, but any way it had dried out to much, couldn't really roll a decent cigarette,as it would crumple up to much, then fall out of the paper, just dust,..so I poured in a little coca-cola, put the top on the can, shook it up real good, kept it sealed, well later when I was ready to roll another, it was a little bit to wet, so I poured the tobacco out, onto a piece of paper, and left it in the sun, for about 10-15 minuets, once it had dried out enough to roll, I made my cigarette, it was great, better flavor then originally and burned quite nicely. The rest I put back in my "tin", and the lid on, to keep it from drying out more,..it worked nice, on that tobacco, however I tried the same on another type of tobacco, and it did not taste very well, it burned ok, but the flavor was nasty. I found, that the other type of tobacco, just using a orange peel, placed in the can,with the tobacco, sealed, over night, moistened the tobacco,and gave it a excellent flavor. Conclusion, sprite, might taste just fine,and even improve one kind of tobacco, but might not have the same effect of another,..Dr. pepper, the same, I like doctor pepper, I do bet it would work well on some types of tobacco.
Try it on a small "plug" or amount, if you like it great, if not ,well that way you don't waste to much tobacco,..or sprite,..
ahh, on the lemon, or lime, I tried Lime peels, because I had no oranges, and lots of limes, but it did not work out well, at least to my taste, it gave the tobacco a very bitter taste, and burn my throat.
DO NOT try to use hot sauce, or chili , green peppers, or such,...well for the daring give it a try, but I promise, it will make you gag and cough,choke, it is terrible,..burning chili is the nastiest smoke I have ever experienced, some how some did get into some tobacco I had, I know it was chili, because it was the same as when my wife is roasting chili peppers, sometimes they start burning a little, and the smoke makes me choke the same,...hurts your eyes too.
That is at least for smoking, now, some of the people here do like,chewing tobacco, with chile added, or a "hot pepper" flavor, they even have candies that are "chili" flavored,.. personally I think they taste terrible though.
I bought some casing that smells like A1 Sauce. Skeptical, but is worked OK.